looking for oil recommendation, 2000 honda civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be specific, a 2000 Civic is "spec'd" for a 5W-30 grade oil, not 5W-20. While the current thinking is that the newer oils in the w-20 grades offer lubrication advantages, I really think that you should stay with the mfr spec on the oil since you have done so well reaching this mileage.

You will have no problem with the Mobil product recommended, nor with Castrol or Pennzoil premium/ultra premium products. You'd probably be okay with dino oil (non synthetic)in weight also.

I suspect that whether the Mobil 1 high mileage PP spec is not needed, or whether it is "Mobil's best oil" is not particularly relevant to you.

In short, stay with the recommended weight, go synthetic although you don't really need to, and don't get sucked into the miasma of BITOG esoterica (unless you want to)

I checked this evening, I was mistaken in thinking the honda had an oil pressure gauge. I was thinking of the wife's previous car, which died. So I might be installing OP gauges on both the truck and the civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back