Looking for a Digital Voice Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something small and voice activated that I can carry in my shirt pocket so that I can record my thoughts as I move through the day.

So far i have found this one that looks ok. Thoughts, opinions??

Not too many years ago they were $800. A buddy had one. Have they dropped in price "that much" or have you simply found a cheap one?

See what the full range of 'em goes for.

No idea other than that.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
If you have a smartphone you may already have the recorder.

+1
I love mine. Works like a charm

I have a Panasonic I bought yeasrs ago. for about 99 bucks. works OK but File management isn't that good though.

I just tell my phones digital virtial personal assistant to take notes.

No smart phone. just an old prepaid flip phone, $15/month, 300 minutes. There are 100 different models under $100 today. I had hoped that there was someone with some experience. Thanks folks, I'll wait another day before I choose one.

Upgrade to a smartphone so you're not carrying two things around at once.

Actually it doesn't even have to be a smartphone, just a phone with a voice recorder on it.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1

No smart phone. just an old prepaid flip phone, $15/month, 300 minutes. There are 100 different models under $100 today. I had hoped that there was someone with some experience. Thanks folks, I'll wait another day before I choose one.

open your old flip phone and go trough settings/apps. You may actually find you have one. The audio files may actually be quite small.
Source: I used to have a AT&T flip phone 10 years ago...

Also if you have a digital camera, it may have an option to record only audio....

Or call kids/grankids and tell them to gift you one.... :p

It is possible to use a low end or old used smartphone to do this without activation. I spend $40 on my daughters iPhone 5 without a carrier which does voice recording, plays games, and decent camera for her.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
It is possible to use a low end or old used smartphone to do this without activation. I spend $40 on my daughters iPhone 5 without a carrier which does voice recording, plays games, and decent camera for her.

Now that's an idea.
tnx.

Look to Panasonic. I have a great one that is 1/3 the size of a smart phone and sounds incredibly better and has features like background noise suppression, Ed

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back