Laughing hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unions would be great if it weren't for the modern ones working more for the company the the little guy, and also protecting the laziest folks on the payroll and allowing these folks to be first in line for promotions simply because of seniority when someone with less seniority might be better qualified.

I was skilled trades in Chrysler in the 1960's.
Union rule was you could sleep all you wanted on company time but the steward woke you up for break.
cool.gif

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
I was skilled trades in Chrysler in the 1960's.
Union rule was you could sleep all you wanted on company time but the steward woke you up for break.
cool.gif

The guys at the warehouse here in the Greater Toronto Area would hide in various parts bins and sleep and then when they would call for overtime they would hide so they could grieve that they were never asked and get paid anyway. It was insane. My brother who was a summer student at the time witnessed it all.

Heck they were telling him to slow down because he was making them look bad. He used to tell them if he went any slower he would be walking backwards.

What's really sad is they were paying $20/hr starting rate back in the 1980's to work there and today they are starting people at $15/hr. Almost 40 years later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back