Larger oil filter guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a search...and either nobody posted this of I'm more technologically-inept that usual today. Does anyone have a list of larger filters that can be used on cars/engines that spec tiny "teacup" filters? I know a few of the swaps (offhand, a PH8A/FL1 is a direct swap for the half-size PH3600 on a 3.0 Ranger or Aerostar), but only a few.

What filter do you use now?

What I've done was find your favourite filter manufacturer for instance I'll use the Napa filter lookup.
Napa filter lookup

Then when you find the filter number for your car, you google "Oversized Oil filer FILTER_NUMBER_GOES_HERE" and then see what you get.

I always make sure to compare both filters side by side before actually buying the larger filter. This comparison only works if you are buying it at the store!

Regards, JC.

If you can't find the answer by searching here, then just ask what the over-sized filter is for a X brand, Y filter number and usually someone will know the answer.

Thanks! The answer was staring me in the face...the larger filter is the ubiquitous PH8A/FL1/Purolator 30001. I should have guessed that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back