Kohler oil filter new design?

And the Fram 3600 and equivalents are same base and bypass as the 3614, just longer, about an inch and a half…

Reactions: wlk
3614 or longer 3600 is what i use on my kawa
Picked up a couple ST3614’s (20k) for $5 each … That’s just a buck each saved after taxes - but I was using Fram Ultra for way more
(now they are pretty much standard construction anyway)

I recently purchased a cub cadet with a Koehler 7000 series engine. The manual calls for the 1205001. In my search for comparable filters, I came across some different part numbers…

CHAMP - PH2814
FRAM - PH8172
WIX - 51056

I recently purchased a cub cadet with a Koehler 7000 series engine. The manual calls for the 1205001. In my search for comparable filters, I came across some different part numbers…

CHAMP - PH2814
FRAM - PH8172
WIX - 51056
Those are the stubby version of the ever popular Fram 3614, if you have enough room I'd just buy a ph3614 or equivalent from your favorite brand

I think my Kohler 14Kw backup generator uses this same filter, gonna need to find an alternative. What is the FE number to replace the OE filter? There is plenty of room, the filter can be taller than OE.

I also use the PH3614 size or equivalent also on two riding mowers (Kohler 15 hp single, and B&S 18hp twin) that I maintain. Current stash are Luber-Finer brand I got cheap. Coincidentally this size also fits my Kawasaki 26 hp twin zero turn. Slightly longer length does not cause interference on either of the riding mowers, or the zero-turn. I figure little more filter area can't hurt, and changing oil and filter once per year is cheap and easy. I don't overthink this. Not a high performance racing engine.

Unfortunately my filter is side mounted so I don’t think I will be able to pre fill. Maybe I’ll experiment with how much the media can absorb before it pours out at installation. Thanks for all the replies!

Those are the stubby version of the ever popular Fram 3614, if you have enough room I'd just buy a ph3614 or equivalent from your favorite brand
Ok that is helpful! I think these stubbies are harder to come across. I’ve only found the stp version in stock nearby. I’d have to order from rockauto otherwise.

Back