Klasse sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of using the klasse sealant on my white elantra( 2013 model, but it was built 12/12 so the paint has gassed out).
If i use the klasse sealant, do i have to worry about andy plastic trim? There is black trim around the doors and mirrors. I will be applying by hand. Any suggestions?

I have used Klasse AIO and SG and dont recall issues on plastic. In fact, Ive used AIO on things like headlights and tail lights.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm thinking of using the klasse sealant on my white elantra( 2013 model, but it was built 12/12 so the paint has gassed out).
If i use the klasse sealant, do i have to worry about andy plastic trim? There is black trim around the doors and mirrors. I will be applying by hand. Any suggestions?

that should have read built 04/12

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I have used Klasse AIO and SG and dont recall issues on plastic. In fact, Ive used AIO on things like headlights and tail lights.

I've seen on some forums, that using the aio is a good idea before the sg. Is that what you did? Should i use a polish first just to make sure its clean?

You should clay the paint prior to Klasse SG. A polish would only be needed if there are marks/marring in the paint which white hides well anyway. If you apply the SG too thick it will make for a long day trying to remove it.

AIO is more of a non-abrasive chemical cleaner than it is an abrasive polish. For fresh paint, I would agree with the previous post: Clay bar followed up by the SG should work well.

Apply the SG thin, thin, thin!

I've never used the Klasse SG, but I have AIO and have to say I rarely use it. I think there are better stuff available. Just my
49.gif

I used the klass this weekend, the all in one, then the sg sealant. A little does go a long way. I like that it does not discolor trim. It does not feel slick like wax. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back