Keeping up with the Jones's - perspective

Didn't know where to put this - hope here is OK. Puts life into perspective - be thankful for what you have.

There was no creator given - but I found it @ Alex Friedman on Twitter (now X)

1707924860004.jpg

After a mission trip to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea last June, I truly realized just how easy my family and I have it here. The things I expect everywhere I go and consider basic things are not always available there. Clean drinking water, an indoor toilet, a shower, electricity, a roof over our heads. Sadly, that 2 weeks was more eye opening than it probably should have been. Those folks over there are fighters and tough.

Last edited:
We are the lucky ones,what our parents and grandparents left for us is “radically” different than what we’ve leaving for ours.

We are the lucky ones,what our parents and grandparents left for us is “radically” different than what we’ve leaving for ours.
I am unsure what you mean but I take it as you think our kids will not be better off than what our parents left us.
My kids will be better off, though they dont know it.
I feel we did a good job with our kids. Hard workers, they expect nothing for free, always been self sustaining and never had to rely on us. Proud of them and I feel we can take some credit in the way we raised them. We didnt hand them everything on a platter yet we supported their advancement as long as they stuck to a goal. At times it was tough not giving in to peer pressure with what other parents did. Good news is, they see that now, actually saw it a long time ago. The ones they look back at, that got everything are for lack of a better word, many of them lazy without goals. Not all by any means but my kids will always survive because they know to work for a living and not count on others and government programs.

I think they will be surprised what we left for them but they will not be quitting their jobs.

With that said if you are talking about the nation debt we can not talk politics in here but I didnt and down vote for it we seem to be past that point of no return with the way the younger generation votes. It will come crashing down one day. Not sure if I will still be on this earth. Only ray of hope is the rest of the world is in worse shape, maybe.

My parents would tell me stories of where they grew up. Walking miles for clean water is one of them.

Reminds me of fall 1996. My cousin let me drive his 1995 M3 all by myself. He also said he hit the SS cap.

I was driving my 1979 264 GLE and told myself I’ll never have a BMW and never hit the SS cap. That was a pretty early age to have thrown in the towel like that, but it’s how I felt.

There is truth to the comic

I have never been compelled to keep up with the Jonese's. If people could adopt that attitude it would mean a lot less stress and happier families.

I am unsure what you mean but I take it as you think our kids will not be better off than what our parents left us.
My kids will be better off, though they dont know it.
I feel we did a good job with our kids. Hard workers, they expect nothing for free, always been self sustaining and never had to rely on us. Proud of them and I feel we can take some credit in the way we raised them. We didnt hand them everything on a platter yet we supported their advancement as long as they stuck to a goal. At times it was tough not giving in to peer pressure with what other parents did. Good news is, they see that now, actually saw it a long time ago. The ones they look back at, that got everything are for lack of a better word, many of them lazy without goals. Not all by any means but my kids will always survive because they know to work for a living and not count on others and government programs.

I think they will be surprised what we left for them but they will not be quitting their jobs.

With that said if you are talking about the nation debt we can not talk politics in here but I didnt and down vote for it we seem to be past that point of no return with the way the younger generation votes. It will come crashing down one day. Not sure if I will still be on this earth. Only ray of hope is the rest of the world is in worse shape, maybe.
Without getting into trouble with the controllers of the narrative.I’ll say this.If you don’t think it’s screwed up beyond hope,you must be on a ranch in Montana or something.Im old enough to remember normal life not this third world broken brainwashed and drugged country. No I didn’t vote for it but sure enough paid for it.I truly miss the70s.And whether you know it or not we now are the rest of the world,fentanyl pushers human traffickers and all.

Last edited:
Without getting into trouble with the controllers of the narrative.I’ll say this.If you don’t think it’s screwed up beyond hope,you must be on a ranch in Montana or something.Im old enough to remember normal life not this third world broken brainwashed and drugged country. No I didn’t vote for it but sure enough paid for it.I truly miss the70s.
Those were great times for sure.
And don’t put words in my mouth because I agree with you. With that said, don’t count the American public out if somebody charismatic comes along to educate them and put a stop to the insanity of borrowing

Those were great times for sure.
And don’t put words in my mouth because I agree with you. With that said, don’t count the American public out if somebody charismatic comes along to educate them and put a stop to the insanity of borrowing
Hey I’m with you on hoping,but can the next generation handle getting out of debt when we’re obsessed with growing it.Its a daily psy op aimed at us.

There is no getting out of debt. That’s some Disney style storytelling from anybody that “promises” that. The founding of FED ensured this outcome. We were doomed right then. There was a president that wanted to do something about it, we all know what happened to him.

There is no getting out of debt. That’s some Disney style storytelling from anybody that “promises” that. The founding of FED ensured this outcome. We were doomed right then. There was a president that wanted to do something about it, we all know what happened to him.
Watched a great video when I was 5 years old. Didn’t slow them down at all
IMG_2235.jpeg

Well, from 1994 to 2001 we went from budget deficits to budget surpluses. I guess the voters got tired of that. Anything that takes place, is the voters fault. PLEASE keep politics out of it, this is budget talk and voters is a generic "speak" for what we vote for.
From the Congressional Budget office -
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.17.00 PM.jpg

Back