Kawasaki reveals most powerful motorcycle ever !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warlord
I'll be surprised if they can match the sophistication of BMW's electronics and suspension.

BMW needs to put some of that sophistication in their final drive units.

A few years ago I asked my insurance guy how much insurance would cost be, if I had a Hyabusa. He told me for liability at the level I carry, $2100 a year. So I guess they base that on the fact people that buy a bike like that have to see what it can do, and that sometimes doesn't end up well. Thus a claim gets filed and paid. So being that's how it works, I can see alot of people looking at the new Kawasaki, then backing away unless they have really deep pockets. For 3 years of worth insurance payments, you could buy another bike.,,

Honestly...I hope so. There are way too many idiots on high-power zoom-splats already. (Then again...I wonder how many just have no insurance.) The more I see, the more I wish there were a graduated mototcycle licensing system, or even an outright limit on power and displacement.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
A few years ago I asked my insurance guy how much insurance would cost be, if I had a Hyabusa. He told me for liability at the level I carry, $2100 a year.

yep and thats the sole reason im on a vrf800 instead of a cbr600.

$260 a year for full vs $235 a month. easy math.
sure the vfr weighs more, gets worse mpg and certainly does not go 0-60 in a blink like the
600, but it is still fun and comfy.
dont matter if i have 40 years of no tickets and no accidents, plenty others do to say i should as well.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
A few years ago I asked my insurance guy how much insurance would cost be, if I had a Hyabusa. He told me for liability at the level I carry, $2100 a year. So I guess they base that on the fact people that buy a bike like that have to see what it can do, and that sometimes doesn't end up well. Thus a claim gets filed and paid. So being that's how it works, I can see alot of people looking at the new Kawasaki, then backing away unless they have really deep pockets. For 3 years of worth insurance payments, you could buy another bike.,,

I would suggest finding another insurance guy. I have a highly modified Hayabusa, It's not a poser bling machine. Instead it's modified for function, much more powerful engine, lightened, suspension and brake work.

The only time I use it's full potential, is on a closed course roadrace track. Think of it as a bike suitable for the old AMA Formula Extreme Roadracing class.

At any rate, with homeowners, multiple cars, etc. on the same policy, my insurance is about 1/10th of your quote.

Interesting aerodynamics package on the H2R, I kind of like the winglets on the sides.

It will be interesting to see what the specs on the H2 will be.

Insurance quotes are not just about who you are, your driving history, and your vehicle. It is also about where you live. I know that my insurance went down when I moved to a small town from when I was in a metropolitan city.

yep!
and i now live in the 12th largest city in the usa.

i remember when it was 1/6th the size it is now.

oh well time goes on.

o2se, so englishtown? always a fast track in the cool air.

DOH!
yes of course
still should be nice temps for big power if the track can handle it.

just like this H2R. not a lot of places to really put all that power down.

i am asking my sales rep mgr if i can leave my credit card with him for a small testdrive....say the 1hr blitz to dallas and 1hr back. its only 160miles
laugh.gif

each way.
and yes there is a guy that has already done the 1way on a r1 (or was it r6) and has the youtube to prove it. did it at 3am.

i promised him i would wear a helmet. i always do anyway.

Last edited:
From the front it looks like the F22 Raptor. With that design and carbon fiber it must be stealth, but like the F22 laser can still lock on so speeding tickets won't be eliminated.

sunruh, are you going to video tape your run ? keep an eye out for jackalopes running across the highway, they squish easy but the antlers play [censored] with tires
wink.gif

well i just got this response from my sales manager:

"I'm at the show. For only $60k you too can own one."

60k is a tiny bit more than a 'busa or ninja or r1 or any bike for that matter. i think you would have to go to an ultra exotic bimota with the link steering to hit that kinda price.

Well, the street legal H2 version has an announced MSRP of 25k. But somewhat alarmingly IMO, a wet weight of 525 lbs. That makes it a real porker in the 1000cc Sportbike class. Although it is 60 or so lbs lighter than the current hypersport class Hayabusa and ZX-14R.

I haven't seen any figures for RWHP.

They are in Leno's garage.

autoblog.com/2014/11/04/kawasaki-ninja-h2-h2r-jay-lenos-garage-video/

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: FastGame
Where will all this quest for motorcycle HP end ?

Wrapped around a telephone pole if it's anything like the crotch rocketeers are around here...
That is what makes it so fun. The older I get the slower I go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back