just paid for a Kindle book

just bought a Kindle book. Question is do i need one of the Kindle readers to read the book, or can I use a laptop? I have never used a Kindle and don't know how it works. Thanks

just bought a Kindle book. Question is do i need one of the Kindle readers to read the book, or can I use a laptop? I have never used a Kindle and don't know how it works. Thanks
You can put the Kindle app on a computer. It is more pleasant to read on a Kindle. The e-Ink is easier on the eyes as well as the front lighting. If you are an avid reader you might want to get one. If this is a one and done thing then Kindle on the computer works. It's also available for your phone if you want it available on the go anywhere. I've got upwards of 6k Kindle books, well over 5k of them free when I got them. I've been reading on a Kindle for going on 15 years though. And reading is my job. Good luck with your decisions.

Been a while but iirc I just turned it on, entered in wifi credentials, then I must have entered in my Amazon password. I only occasionally buy books but now I just tell Amazon to deliver to my Kindle, and that’s that.

If you are an avid book reader, just go ahead and invest in a Kindle Paperwhite and be done with it. You will never look back.
You are so right. Love my Paperwhite. Also with Prime I get a free book every month.

I recommend that anyone who owns a Kindle download and use Calibre. It is a computer program that organizes, manages, and syncs your Kindle eBook collection, allows you to convert other eBook formats that can be downloaded from the Internet (Calibre can convert dozens of file types), and uploads them directly to your Kindle.

Back