Kindle in Airplane Mode or not?

Other than downloading or updating, my Kindle is "airplane mode", manually.

So I finish reading a book and my phone and PC know it. I get emails to review the book etc. How? I assumed airplane mode = no wireless, no wi-fi, nothing..

No I didn't "google it". 😁

Do the emails show up after a certain # of days or really not until you finish reading the book ? Do you download another book and then the emails arrive ? If your Kindle has bluetooth and you have the Kindle app on your phone, they can "talk" to each other that way too, presuming you allowed it at one time in the past.

Not sure I follow - this is my new basic unit

AAA7B446-5DA2-4472-AFAC-6D06DFACAA7B.jpeg

Do the emails show up after a certain # of days or really not until you finish reading the book ? Do you download another book and then the emails arrive ? If your Kindle has bluetooth and you have the Kindle app on your phone, they can "talk" to each other that way too, presuming you allowed it at one time in the past.
No, emails come right away.

I changed no settings and did not download another book. No bluetooth.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Kindle takes itself out of airplane mode occasionally/after certain events just to do some light syncing.
Fire OS is just another AOSP. Android does the exact same thing. Airplane mode does not mean what you think it does. Put an Android phone in airplane mode for 24 hours, then go look at how much of your operating data was still transmitted back to Google servers.

We aren’t in control.

My wife uses a Kindle, and I've seen it do some very questionable things. Like turn itself on for example.
I prefer to avoid them.

Fire OS is just another AOSP. Android does the exact same thing. Airplane mode does not mean what you think it does. Put an Android phone in airplane mode for 24 hours, then go look at how much of your operating data was still transmitted back to Google servers.

We aren’t in control.
Are the FAA and FCC aware of this?

I have a 7th Gen Paperwhite. I used to keep it in airplane mode to avoid all the marketing ads, etc. when I shut off the screen.

It used to cycle through 6 or 7 ads and then revert to a standard non-ad screen from then on. Since the last update, this is no longer the case. Even in airplane mode, I get bombarded with book ads.

Back