It's over, 19 years of bogus orders

You're reminding me of a missed dental appointment a few years ago where the office both wanted to charge me and make me reschedule.

The issue was-and I'm sort of making up times but this is the gist of it-the appointment was on my reminder card as 9:30. They sent me a text the week before and the day before that it was 9:30. There was a phone call saying 9:30 somewhere or another in there too. Day of the appointment rolls around, and they're calling me at 9:10 telling me I missed my 9:00 appointment.

I was...quite unhappy...especially as I've never missed an appointment with a doctor/dentist/etc and on the very rare occasion I've run late(i.e. traffic I couldn't have possibly predicted) I call ahead to let the office know. I argued with the office quite a bit over this one, especially as I'd taken off work and in fact arrived at the office about 15 minutes before the 9:30 time they had confirmed the day before. They finally relented and worked me in after they conceded both the reminder card and the multiple texts said 9:30, although somewhere or another in there was an implied accusation that I'd fabricated all of that.

I'd been unhappy with that office for a few small reasons(not the least of which that I've faithfully had my teeth cleaned twice a year my entire life, but had gone a little over a year from 2020-2021 as I'd relocated during the summer of 2020, my previous dentist had cancelled my scheduled cleaning due to COVID shut-downs, and finding a new dentist had been low on my list of priorities but they spent a lot of time shaming me for the ~15 months since my last cleaning), but that whole incident made me look for another dentist that I've been very happy with. They seemed rather taken aback when at check-out that day, they wanted to schedule my next appointment and I said that given their seeming inability to keep track of schedules and instead blame me their mistake, I thought it best that I look for another office...
If it's our mistake, and it happens, then we do everything possible to make it right. We also don't shame anyone. It's your mouth and teeth and I believe in autonomy. My job is to tell you what I see, give you options and tell you what I think you should do but in the end do as I recommend, don't do as I recommend, ultimately you pay for the decision you make, not me. I don't see the value in shaming anyone.

If it's our mistake, and it happens, then we do everything possible to make it right. We also don't shame anyone. It's your mouth and teeth and I believe in autonomy. My job is to tell you what I see, give you options and tell you what I think you should do but in the end do as I recommend, don't do as I recommend, ultimately you pay for the decision you make, not me. I don't see the value in shaming anyone.
Had a dentist I liked but a hygienist I hated. She would nag about everything like I was 3. I kept asking for a different one but they kept booking me with her probably because everyone else hated her too. I had a crown redone and a few months later I come in and I had one tooth with gums being not good. They were all good 6 months before - I forget there number system but were all good, I use a water pik daily, etc. She starts snarling and tells me I need to come back in for some sort of expensive special deep cleaning, etc. I told her not possible only 1 tooth goes south in 6 months when all the rest remain good and I would like to see the doc when he has a minute. He comes in, gets some instrument and digs around and pulls out a bunch of extra glue from the crown they re-did. Said that was likely the issue, if it bothers me come back.

Well I never went back there. Current place says everything is good. Current place is a big shop - I don't think I have ever had the same hygienist twice. No issues.

Like I said I could forgive one of those things, but something obviously their mistake plus a bunch of other little things. They were also what I'd call a high-pressure upsale office, basically also shaming you that if you didn't take every wonder product they had on offer your teeth would fall out. I remember one visit where they tried to sell me $300 worth of Phillips SonicCare stuff, and when I told them that it's what I already used, I was treated to a spiel about how the SoniCare I bought at Target was in every way inferior to what their office sold.

I think the shaming on that first visit hit me hard because they couldn't actually point out any issues other than me being overdue for a cleaning. I otherwise had a clean bill of health, minimal tartar(the hygieniest even said she wouldn't have known it had been ~15 months since I'd seen a dentist if I hadn't told them) and of course I needed to have them whiten my teeth because I drink too much(black) coffee.

I've always liked small dentists offices where there are only one or two dentists practicing and you can actually build a good relationship with the office staff. I was mislead on this one(again new to the area) by it being one of the few that just listed a single doctor in the name of the office. As it so happened, it was a pretty large office that also seemed to have a revolving door of staff and I never saw the same person-dentist or hygienist-more than once. I've-thankfully-found a great one now where I do seem the same faces every time. The dentist always talks Chemistry with me, and when I need to have work done is pretty straight about the options, the benefits/disadvantages of each one, and of course the cost and then ultimately lets me make the decision even though they also explain what they think the best choice is and why.

Like I said I could forgive one of those things, but something obviously their mistake plus a bunch of other little things. They were also what I'd call a high-pressure upsale office, basically also shaming you that if you didn't take every wonder product they had on offer your teeth would fall out. I remember one visit where they tried to sell me $300 worth of Phillips SonicCare stuff, and when I told them that it's what I already used, I was treated to a spiel about how the SoniCare I bought at Target was in every way inferior to what their office sold.

I think the shaming on that first visit hit me hard because they couldn't actually point out any issues other than me being overdue for a cleaning. I otherwise had a clean bill of health, minimal tartar(the hygieniest even said she wouldn't have known it had been ~15 months since I'd seen a dentist if I hadn't told them) and of course I needed to have them whiten my teeth because I drink too much(black) coffee.

I've always liked small dentists offices where there are only one or two dentists practicing and you can actually build a good relationship with the office staff. I was mislead on this one(again new to the area) by it being one of the few that just listed a single doctor in the name of the office. As it so happened, it was a pretty large office that also seemed to have a revolving door of staff and I never saw the same person-dentist or hygienist-more than once. I've-thankfully-found a great one now where I do seem the same faces every time. The dentist always talks Chemistry with me, and when I need to have work done is pretty straight about the options, the benefits/disadvantages of each one, and of course the cost and then ultimately lets me make the decision even though they also explain what they think the best choice is and why.
Private equity is buying dental office at a frantic pace. They used to buy and rebrand but now they buy and keep everything the same so patients do not know they are corporate owned. I will never sell to PE and I always want control. No one will ever care more about my business than I do. It's also a matter of doing the right thing and I practice in the community where I live and so my name and reputation means a lot to me.

It wasn't me it my twin using my name . Can i order twice as much that my other brother wants just to cancel. I still want the same things only different. Will this be new old stock or old stock that looks new? Can i save shipping if i get not found. Sorry but not confused.

What can't a Frenchman find in France that someone in MD is selling? Old Bay seasoning?
Based on my theory, that he is collecting invoices for tax deduction purposes, the French tax auditors probably have a harder time verifying or auditing foreign purchases.

Based on my theory, that he is collecting invoices for tax deduction purposes, the French tax auditors probably have a harder time verifying or auditing foreign purchases.
Seems unlikely that this guy travels to the US that frequently and visits @Zee09's location in person to order stuff. My presumption is while the guy is "French", he lives in the US. Maybe I'm completely wrong ??

Seems unlikely that this guy travels to the US that frequently and visits @Zee09's location in person to order stuff. My presumption is while the guy is "French", he lives in the US. Maybe I'm completely wrong ??
His billing and ship to is always France...same for phone number. I ship to France often

The saga continues.
He just emailed me now asking that if I didn't already refund him could I send his parts to Spain because he will be working there for 3 months and he actually has a gun now.

All that aside he was refunded instantly and was notified by me and my merchant account via PayPal of said refund.
This is a new twist...he actually has a gun now..
Really...lol
I didn't respond yet.

The saga continues.
He just emailed me now asking that if I didn't already refund him could I send his parts to Spain because he will be working there for 3 months and he actually has a gun now.

All that aside he was refunded instantly and was notified by me and my merchant account via PayPal of said refund.
This is a new twist...he actually has a gun now..
Really...lol
I didn't respond yet.
Explain the materials you need for his order are on back order, not sure when they will become available again, so here's his refund....
😑

His billing and ship to is always France...same for phone number. I ship to France often
And he physically comes into your place 6x a year, for 19 years ? Do you know where he lives ? I guess he could still live in the US but operates the business in France.

So he's done this game with you 114 times in the past and the first time that you proactively cancel/refund his order, he really wants the parts this time ? This is toooooooo weird !

So he's done this game with you 114 times in the past and the first time that you proactively cancel/refund his order, he really wants the parts this time ? This is toooooooo weird !
Hobbyist are weird ducks. He fell through the cracks as he really didn't stand out. It's that bad. I have cut off more customers over the last 45 years than I have. Most are obsessed...
They make oil people look like amateurs...😆

Sorry, my confusion started because your original post said they guy "came in" but I realize you were purposely discrete.

If someone constantly wastes your time, that's not a customer. At best he might be a potential customer.

When I worked doing quotations for an electrical-supplies wholesaler, I had to tell certain callers who constantly called for pricing but never placed an order that they were wasting our time and theirs (in polite terms to them).

The biggest offender at the time was the US Navy at the time. After we gave them pricing on some items, we'd find later the order was going to be a small-business set aside. (My employer wasn't a small business, but an authorized distributor for the goods when small businesses typically were not.) For a while they were calling trying to get pricing on bills of electrical material they had bought from someone else to make sure they weren't being overcharged, or something. I finally stopped being polite and explicitly told them we don't have time to price goods you already bought.

If someone constantly wastes your time, that's not a customer. At best he might be a potential customer.

When I worked doing quotations for an electrical-supplies wholesaler, I had to tell certain callers who constantly called for pricing but never placed an order that they were wasting our time and theirs (in polite terms to them).

The biggest offender at the time was the US Navy at the time. After we gave them pricing on some items, we'd find later the order was going to be a small-business set aside. (My employer wasn't a small business, but an authorized distributor for the goods when small businesses typically were not.) For a while they were calling trying to get pricing on bills of electrical material they had bought from someone else to make sure they weren't being overcharged, or something. I finally stopped being polite and explicitly told them we don't have time to price goods you already bought.
You do see that often.
Also businesses do it too. If you can't quote something and stoop to that level they shouldn't even be in business..

Back