iPhone XR to android phone

My family has long been on iPhone so it made sense for me to switch... but we all have PC's and some chromebooks, and it hasn't been a problem. At work I can't connect my phone to my PC so I'm very much in the habit of emailing photos to myself; there's really nothing I keep on my phone that I can't email off it, outside of a small personal photo library.

I suppose it'd be a pain to migrate contacts but that'd be a great time to drop anyone I didn't want to remember anyhow.
samsung and apple both have migration software that make this effortless. idk about nokia or moto but they should have something to help folks switch over

Should point out that I've had good luck with used iPhones off eBay. I do think I had to replace the batteries in all of them, but they were still cheaper than new. So there is that route, not sure if they have the low end SE still, but even that low end one does everything I need.

Should point out that I've had good luck with used iPhones off eBay. I do think I had to replace the batteries in all of them, but they were still cheaper than new. So there is that route, not sure if they have the low end SE still, but even that low end one does everything I need.
I'll be selling the wife's S22 in a couple weeks :sneaky:.
I usually do FB marketplace nowadays. Ebay is possible but between scammers and fees I'll take 20bucks less and meet someone local.

As someone that’s had both I absolutely cannot stand Android but everyone has their preferences I guess. I’ve always viewed Android as low quality phones and platforms but that’s just me. I never could figure out how to navigate the platform or anything. Since switching to Apple in 2019 starting with the XR then the 12 Pro and now the 15 Pro I’ll never go back. Apple is superior in every way. I only had to get Android because my parents have always been anti Apple but I finally convinced them I wanted what I thought was better. I don’t see how anyone could still be using the XR in 2023 almost 2024 lol. I gotta have a new phone every 2-2.5 years but that’s just me haha. Some advantages to Apple, iMessage games with your cool friends, better quality devices over all, a lot better software and a heck of a lot more secure. All of those are my opinion except security which is a fact. But I’ll say this I’m also so invested in Apple that I could not switch and don’t want to switch. Gmail is my primary email as well. The only advantage to Android I feel is email notifications, on Apple it just shows the number of emails on the email app it doesn’t send an alert for a new one coming in. And I will say this too I can’t stand Apple as a company but I love their products so that’s why I buy them. It’s rare for me to buy products from a company I don’t like.

Personally I think you would regret switching but that’s just me. I still have one of my old Android phones and I just look at it everyday and don’t miss it. If you do switch to Android though your entire family and friend group will know because you’ll be known as the green text message guy lol. If you do switch I say look at a higher model line Galaxy S series like the 22 or 23. They would be the best quality Android devices. My parents have the S21 Ultras and they hate them especially after the latest update but I don’t think I can convince them to switch to Apple lol.
You must own more than one cat. :ROFLMAO: I apologize to those who don't get it. You need to keep up!

The important takeaway is security updates. The way android is setup is slightly different from say pcs and having a good free antivirus. Nothing the end user can do besides safe operating protocols works here in the factory os. If the device accepts other supported and secure software like graphene os, thats usually the only work around that i know of. But thats usually outside the realm of most users and device upgrades are just simpler.

op look up whats the device mfgs timeline on security updates and then make your move.
Those years stated include regular security updates throughout the year. I've been using Androids since 2016 & never a security issue.

Those years stated include regular security updates throughout the year. I've been using Androids since 2016 & never a security issue.
I find this interesting our IT department is made up of 6 guys, 4 have iPhones the other 2 are the chief of IT and IT manager they’re android guys. I asked them why they prefer android the IT manager says he feels iPhones and their ecosystem is very pretentious lol. The chief of IT said he doesn’t know but not interested in apple.

I find this interesting our IT department is made up of 6 guys, 4 have iPhones the other 2 are the chief of IT and IT manager they’re android guys. I asked them why they prefer android the IT manager says he feels iPhones and their ecosystem is very pretentious lol. The chief of IT said he doesn’t know but not interested in apple.
LOL That is a funny story. Although I've never used Apple products I'd wager they are excellent products BUT these days you can get excellent Android products too. I've taken a liking to the higher Mid-range products like the One Plus's but you could get slightly used Samsung Galaxies 23 etc that are very popular flagship quality products. I think there are more choices of phones w/different price categories with Android OS on them than Apple. Something to fit from budget to flagship but I could be wrong on that assumption. It really comes down to personal choice.

I personally like OnePlus as well. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max now, but if I was going to go Android it would be a OnePlus phone again. I had the OnePlus 8 as my last phone and it's the cleanest version I've seen of Android other than actually going with the Pixel and some of the OnePlus touches feel a bit more Apple to me, which I preferred. The mute switch is nice, which now looks like Apple and OnePlus have done away with.

Wish I had took advantage back on Black Friday Amazon had the pixel 7a for $369. Brand new also

The Google Store has the Pixel 8 on sale for $549 and offering $275 trade in on an XR in good condition. $274 for a brand new Pixel is an amazing deal. A year ago I picked up a Pixel 7 Pro for about the same and traded in an old XR I had laying around, the process was simple, they just send you an empty box with a sleeve and prepaid label to ship the trade in to them.

The Google Store has the Pixel 8 on sale for $549 and offering $275 trade in on an XR in good condition. $274 for a brand new Pixel is an amazing deal. A year ago I picked up a Pixel 7 Pro for about the same and traded in an old XR I had laying around, the process was simple, they just send you an empty box with a sleeve and prepaid label to ship the trade in to them.
Thank you

having did the reverse recently , here is what i found i miss from android . no archiving of text . no resizing or icons. no individual volumes phone ,text or music. or for each application. i thought with face time i would be face timing with everyone. in reality , i have only used it once . same with i message. its not as life changing as i thought it would be.

also the amount of widgets avaiable for most iphone apps is very small . if this iphone were to die, i would probably go back to android .

having did the reverse recently , here is what i found i miss from android . no archiving of text . no resizing or icons. no individual volumes phone ,text or music. or for each application. i thought with face time i would be face timing with everyone. in reality , i have only used it once . same with i message. its not as life changing as i thought it would be.

also the amount of widgets avaiable for most iphone apps is very small . if this iphone were to die, i would probably go back to android .

My personal phone is Android and work switched us to iPhones a couple years ago, so I had a chance to see what all the hype was. Big letdown with iOS. It works fine, but I really prefer Android. Notifications are useless with iOS, the settings menu is a mess, I prefer 3 button navigation and a dedicated back button. Buying a device just for Facetime or iMessage is silly, there are plenty of cross platform video conference apps, and I don't care what color my text comes through on someone else's phone.

@AutoMechanic haven't you run out of :( by now? 🤣
Never can if we got people that like Android here lol 😂. Whatever works for you I guess but I’ll always be sad when I see a green text message bubble. 🤣. I like my end to end encrypted iMessages best. All a matter of preference though. I used to be a really sad iPhone boy because the guy at Verizon lied to us when I got the iPhone and told me I had to turn off iMessage to be able to text Android users so my texts showed up green even to other iPhones. Then I found out that wasn’t true.

Back