Decent Boost Mobile Unlimited with New iPhone Pro every year $60 a month + taxes/fees

Never saw a deal like this before. Its not for me as my wife and I are on TMobile Magenta 55+ two lines $70

But for those (and I know there are some) that like a new iPhone every year seems like a pretty straight forward deal to check out.
guess this is the first for the Dish Network to get their cell phone service on a roll.

$60 a month advertised, unlimited everything, they send you a new iPhone 15 pro and then every year they will send you the newest iPhone in the mail and a box to return the old one or you can stick with the phone and in 36 months it is yours.
You need to add taxes and fees to the amount, should be expected.

Boost Mobile is the up and coming 4th cell phone carrier coming to the USA, they are owned by Dish Network. I think it is reasonable to expect you maybe on T Mobile network while they build their own 5g network. I haven't read up much more than that.

Due diligence = read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page. At least they make it easy to find.

Those taxes and fees they don't mention are probably an additional $20-$25. This is probably for somebody that has to have the newest phone as soon as it comes out. I think I'll stick with my, $15 a month taxes and fees included, plan.

For reference, the normal boost plan is $25 per month.

So it's an additional $450 per year to keep the latest iPhone.
Yes, that is correct. Boost is great pricing for now, looking to grab market share as they are the nations new 4th cell phone provider but for someone already paying ATT, TMobile or Verizon it might be worth looking into.
After all those companies charge $60+ a month for service. So for the same price you get a new iPhone 15Pro which is why I said for someone who gets a new phone every year makes the trade in thing easy.

For me, I would go for $25 until another great plan came up. We traded an iPhone X and 11 to T-Mobile when the iPhone 13 came out, got two new iPhone 13s for that trade in plus roughly $300 and on there 55+ plan we pay including taxes and fees $70. From there, they also give us Free Basic Netflix and we upgrade to the mid-tier from there. SO they pay half the cost. We also get some other stuff. This is their premium Magenta+ plan way more than we use.
Point of my post though, buyer beware, some of these deals are GREAT for the right person that it fits, such as us with T-Mobile.
Maybe the Dish network plan would work for those already paying ATT, Verizon or Tmobile $60 a month.

Last edited:
Boost Mobile sucks in my area. I switched to Verizon because of coverage after moving here. Not too many services that are great here with so much rural area.

Not correct
Says it in black and white:

Learn about the taxes, surcharges and fees​

We apply taxes, surcharges and fees to your Boost Infinite service based on rates decided by federal, state and local laws.

Federal Charges​

Federal Universal Service Fund Surcharge​

The Federal Universal Service Fund supports the telecommunications needs of consumers living in high-cost service areas, low-income households, schools, libraries and rural healthcare providers. The amount we charge you is meant to recover our contribution to the fund. The FCC adjusts the amount we are required to contribute each quarter and therefore, we may adjust the amount charged on your bill to account for these changes. For more information on the Federal Universal Service Fund, please visit https://www.fcc.gov/general/universal-service.

Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee​

The Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee is charged to recover the following regulatory costs incurred by Boost Infinite: Federal Telecommunications Relay Service, (Federal TRS) various FCC Regulatory fees and the cost to comply with other federal regulatory programs.

State and Local Taxes​

State and local charges vary depending on your place of primary use. Some of the more common charges, which may or may not appear on your bill, include:

Sales and Use Tax​

Taxes assessed by state, county or city governments on telephone services that are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

911 or E911 Charge​

A dedicated tax that provides funds for the communications systems that support emergency and quick response police, fire and ambulance services with identification of phone number and location. These are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Special District Sales Tax​

These taxes are assessed outside the scope of states, counties or cities and are used for transit districts, stadium districts and other special purpose tax districts. They are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Communication Services Tax​

These taxes are applied similar to sales and use taxes, but are specifically applied to communication services including wireless telephone service. They are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Gross Receipts Tax​

These taxes are assessed by state, county or city governments on wireless telephone service. Amounts charged by Boost Infinite are remitted to the applicable government authority.

State and Local Regulatory Surcharges​

Depending on the location of your place of primary use, certain State and Local regulatory surcharges may be applied to recover costs incurred by Boost Infinite for State regulatory requirements. These charges are generally meant for reimbursement of taxes imposed on Boost Infinite that we are choosing to pass on to the consumer. These include, but are not limited to the following:

State Universal Service Fund Surcharge/State High Cost Fund Surcharge​

These surcharges help to keep basic exchange rates affordable to all customers who live in the state. Funds collected are remitted to the state utility commission. Please note, the Texas Universal Service Fund assessment rate has been increased from 3.3% to 24% effective August 1, 2022.

The California PUC has adopted a new surcharge mechanism to fund the State’s Universal Service Public Purpose Programs. Effective 4/1/2023, each wireless line will be subject to a surcharge of $1.11 per month. Here is a link to more information about the change and what the surcharge is used to fund.

State Telecommunications Relay Service Fund​

This surcharge helps to fund relay centers that assist hearing and speech impaired individuals make and receive phone calls. Funds collected are remitted to the appropriate government authority administering the fund.

Excise Tax — Telecom Surcharge​

Certain jurisdictions assess an excise tax on telecommunication services. Funds collected from this surcharge are remitted to the applicable government authority assessing the tax.

Says it in black and white:

Learn about the taxes, surcharges and fees​

We apply taxes, surcharges and fees to your Boost Infinite service based on rates decided by federal, state and local laws.

Federal Charges​

Federal Universal Service Fund Surcharge​

The Federal Universal Service Fund supports the telecommunications needs of consumers living in high-cost service areas, low-income households, schools, libraries and rural healthcare providers. The amount we charge you is meant to recover our contribution to the fund. The FCC adjusts the amount we are required to contribute each quarter and therefore, we may adjust the amount charged on your bill to account for these changes. For more information on the Federal Universal Service Fund, please visit https://www.fcc.gov/general/universal-service.

Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee​

The Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee is charged to recover the following regulatory costs incurred by Boost Infinite: Federal Telecommunications Relay Service, (Federal TRS) various FCC Regulatory fees and the cost to comply with other federal regulatory programs.

State and Local Taxes​

State and local charges vary depending on your place of primary use. Some of the more common charges, which may or may not appear on your bill, include:

Sales and Use Tax​

Taxes assessed by state, county or city governments on telephone services that are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

911 or E911 Charge​

A dedicated tax that provides funds for the communications systems that support emergency and quick response police, fire and ambulance services with identification of phone number and location. These are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Special District Sales Tax​

These taxes are assessed outside the scope of states, counties or cities and are used for transit districts, stadium districts and other special purpose tax districts. They are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Communication Services Tax​

These taxes are applied similar to sales and use taxes, but are specifically applied to communication services including wireless telephone service. They are imposed on the consumer. Boost Infinite is required to collect and remit these taxes to the applicable government authority.

Gross Receipts Tax​

These taxes are assessed by state, county or city governments on wireless telephone service. Amounts charged by Boost Infinite are remitted to the applicable government authority.

State and Local Regulatory Surcharges​

Depending on the location of your place of primary use, certain State and Local regulatory surcharges may be applied to recover costs incurred by Boost Infinite for State regulatory requirements. These charges are generally meant for reimbursement of taxes imposed on Boost Infinite that we are choosing to pass on to the consumer. These include, but are not limited to the following:

State Universal Service Fund Surcharge/State High Cost Fund Surcharge​

These surcharges help to keep basic exchange rates affordable to all customers who live in the state. Funds collected are remitted to the state utility commission. Please note, the Texas Universal Service Fund assessment rate has been increased from 3.3% to 24% effective August 1, 2022.

The California PUC has adopted a new surcharge mechanism to fund the State’s Universal Service Public Purpose Programs. Effective 4/1/2023, each wireless line will be subject to a surcharge of $1.11 per month. Here is a link to more information about the change and what the surcharge is used to fund.

State Telecommunications Relay Service Fund​

This surcharge helps to fund relay centers that assist hearing and speech impaired individuals make and receive phone calls. Funds collected are remitted to the appropriate government authority administering the fund.

Excise Tax — Telecom Surcharge​

Certain jurisdictions assess an excise tax on telecommunication services. Funds collected from this surcharge are remitted to the applicable government authority assessing the tax.
Not correct, You made a statement that these fees "are probably an additional $20-$25"

Not correct, You made a statement that these fees "are probably an additional $20-$25"
Well, I'm not going to sign up with them just to find out. I know that on my $10 a month plan, taxes and fees and another $4.80 to the bill. Do you know the actual cost in that plan? I didn't see it posted.

Well, I'm not going to sign up with them just to find out. I know that on my $10 a month plan, taxes and fees and another $4.80 to the bill. Do you know the actual cost in that plan? I didn't see it posted.
Since you seem to challenge that you can call?
No, its not posted but anyone interested in a $60 plan can call and compare to ATT, Verizon and TMobile
It will be no different than the other two major providers that have their own network ATT and Verizon.

It's not for me either which I state in my opening line. But there are some in here that like a new phone every year or two and pay these prices. One must keep in mind that Boost is the new true cell network, the other three are ATT, Verizon and TMobile.
Boost is Dish network cell company. They own their own towers but they still use some other companies as they build out their network. Or at least they did, maybe they are done now. They were using TMobile since Boost used to be owned by TMobile until TMobile was forced to sell it off in order to get the ok to buy the Sprint network.

Dish network bought it and Dish network owns its own bandwidth and building out its own towers. It IS the true 4th cell service provider in the USA which will be common more common knowledge shortly. I suspect this deal it the first of many promotions to come.
More or less Dish Network is the cell provider replacing Sprint since Sprint was bought out by TMobile.

I'm satisfied with my Tello plan. One iPhone unl/unl/1GB plus one flip phone unl/unl plus one flip phone 300/300, no data on either flip phone for $27.56 a month total including fees etc.

This is Boost Infinite, pretty sure they are completely separate from Boost Mobile. I've been using Boost Infinite for at least a year, no issues, great customer service. I'm on the $25 for life plan.

Apparently they have something where they contract with multiple carriers so theoretically you could be on different networks depending on where you're at in the country. I don't know much about it and I don't travel often so it doesn't come into play.

This is Boost Infinite, pretty sure they are completely separate from Boost Mobile. I've been using Boost Infinite for at least a year, no issues, great customer service. I'm on the $25 for life plan.

Apparently they have something where they contract with multiple carriers so theoretically you could be on different networks depending on where you're at in the country. I don't know much about it and I don't travel often so it doesn't come into play.
I think that would be beneficial to me if that is the case and it can hop around based on signal. There are times I feel I pay a bit much for Verizon, but it works everywhere I need it and I work with a number of people who have signal issues with other providers.

Red Pocket works for me a VERY light user, $60 a YEAR E-bay plan !!! 100 min + 100 texts + 500 MB of data. my phone uses GSMT network.

Red Pocket works for me a VERY light user, $60 a YEAR E-bay plan !!! 100 min + 100 texts + 500 MB of data. my phone uses GSMT network.
That’s kind of neat. The problem for me is data is highly important. I’m stuck in hotels all the time, hotel WiFi in most cases is abysmal and the phone is my main media device or at minimum the hotspot for my laptop to do those things.

Glad to see some genuinely affordable solutions on the market.

Same company as Boost Mobile mentioned at the very bottom of the webpage is DishWireless which is both the same company of those two names. It's just another way to market their product.
I maybe tempted by this plan next year myself but the price is close with full service e T-Mobile on the Magenta 55+ which you cant get the price we anymore. But if they try to raise us one day I will switch to something else and this could be one of them.

Anyway, here is the website, if you scroll down you will see " 2024 DISH Wireless L.L.C. All rights reserved." at the bottom.

Same company as Boost Mobile mentioned at the very bottom of the webpage is DishWireless which is both the same company of those two names. It's just another way to market their product.
I maybe tempted by this plan next year myself but the price is close with full service e T-Mobile on the Magenta 55+ which you cant get the price we anymore. But if they try to raise us one day I will switch to something else and this could be one of them.

Anyway, here is the website, if you scroll down you will see " 2024 DISH Wireless L.L.C. All rights reserved." at the bottom.
You're right...not sure why I thought they were completely separate.

Here is article explaining differences: https://www.androidauthority.com/boost-mobile-vs-boost-infinite-3301921/

Also some reddit discussions if you Google "boost Infinite vs boost wireless"

You're right...not sure why I thought they were completely separate.

Here is article explaining differences: https://www.androidauthority.com/boost-mobile-vs-boost-infinite-3301921/

Also some reddit discussions if you Google "boost Infinite vs boost wireless"
Good link! I was not aware of Boost Infinite, sounds good.

Thanks, yes, some may not know that DIshnetwork's Boost came about with the T-Mobile buyout of the Sprint network. Boost had to be spun off from T-Mobile for the FCC or whoever else to approve the deal. Dish network bought Boost and so the new, to become the 4th major carrier in the USA was born =Boost> Dish has major bandwidth to build out its network and has to complete building out their network set by the FCC )or whoever) for a significant portion of the network to be completed by maybe 2025 ish.

One thing for sure, they are offering good deals and will continue to try to grab market share from the other three. Make no mistake. Competition is good. I would/may be very tempted to drop everything and switch but it's the timing that is wrong. Dont want to chance it with a international trip later this year... but after this year, IF and only If T-Mobile somehow does away with or raises the price our Magenta 55+ plan would it make sense to change as for two lines we really get a lot and the net cost is not large at this moment.

What I posted is something along these lines and may not be 100% accurate but something like that.
There is much reading on this, and I just learned last year I see they met whatever the requirements are.

"Dish has been slowly building its own 5G network in the United States, becoming a new fourth major carrier alongside AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. That work has now reached a major milestone: the network is complete enough for the FCC’s definition of “nationwide” in the US ...
Presumably, EchoStar’s own network will become the main network used across all its carrier subsidiaries—Boost Mobile, Ting, and Gen Mobile—but there’s no telling when that will be ready."
Source =

Last edited:
Back