Interesting Auto-Rx Result

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finally done my Rinse Phase and now I am on the Maintenance Dose. Here is how it went:

1) Drained Oil
2) Took Of old Oil Filter
3) Tightened Drain Plug
4) Put new oil filter on

This is where it gets interesting, when I went to pour the oil in I could HEAR it going down through the engine to the oil pan.

Each quart of oil that I poured in I could HEAR it going down to the oil pan.

Frank can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the sound I am HEARING is oil hitting clean metal. I have never noticed this before which probably means that before Auto-Rx oil was hitting:

1) Sludge
2) Carbon
3) Some other junk in the engine

This is proof too me that Auto-Rx really works.

With out a before and after look at the inside of the motor, there is no real way of knowing.

I have seen pics of before and afters. Always an improvment, but I have never seen get anything Completely clean.

Auto rx did clean some though. THat is for sure. But it cleaning all the way down to squeaky clean metal might be out of auto rxs reach.

rg200amp, I agree with you in that it might be impossible to have an engine that is completely CLEAN.

With the introduction of air into the engine as well as combustion from fuel it would seem that you would always have some sort of dirt or byproducts.

I am only going by what I observed, the only way to tell would be too tear the engine down, which I will not be doing since I have to go somewhere in the car tommorow.

I've heard of a butt dyno, never an ear dyno...
grin2.gif

I can hear mine last time I changed oil also.

I always changed at night at the end of the day to drain.
When I woke up in the morning, it is ready to be plugged and fill the oil.

CP03, are we listening to the 350K Camino?
If so I am not suprised, from where you started off with this motor. With the number and level of contaminants that you have shown and stated, it is now finally likely that the oil poured in has an unresricted path down to the oil pan.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Greenaccord02,

What kind of sick title is that on your post?

looky like the mods removed it..that is sad...No funny here .

Rick20, yes we are talking about the El Camino with 364,000 miles, I will make sure next time I make a new post to put the type of:

1) Year, Make, and Model
2) Mileage

Greenaccord02, I am just posting my observations, I read what you wrote last night and it seemed strange, the next time I do an oil change and pour the oil in do you want me to make a You-Tube video so everyone can here oil pouring down into the engine.

I also sent a PM too a very well respected member on this board and his response was that most of the junk in the engine was liquified by Auto-Rx and it went too my oil filter.

I am no expert on automobile maintenance, but I must know something since I have an engine that has 364,000 miles on it.

I am no expert on automobile maintenance, but I must know something since I have an engine that has 364,000 miles on it. [/quote]

You got me beat
frown.gif
I got 336,000 out of my 1986 Accord !

buch434, those are great engines and I bet you have not replaced anything on that Honda Engine.

I know they make great engines because I have 1 on my snowblower.

Either that... or the clean oil is knocking off what ever crud that was in the engine which is causing it to slam against the oil pan.

The only thing replaced on the Honda Motor was doing the timing belts. It did like eating alternators though ! I went thru 3 of them. It still didn't burn oil after 300K !

buch434, that is amazing, all you have replaced are timing belts. This goes to show how good those Honda engines are, I am more impressed with your engine than mine. I have replaced:

1) 2 timing chains, I am on my 3rd 1 now.
2) Pushrods and rocker arms
3) Valve seals

But, if Auto-Rx had been around when I bought this car in 1985 and I used the product, I would have never had to replace my valve seals, rocker arms and pushrods.

I should point out the reason I replaced my pushrods and rocker arms was because I had a pushrod that was so worn it was barely touching the rocker arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back