Interesting Amsoil Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice that the article indicates that the regular oil change interval is 20K miles anyway (First paragraph: 409K miles shows as little wear as one with 20 times as many oil changes:: 409K/20 = 20K miles) Must be a rather large sump!

We also have no indication as to how much oil was consumed, and thereby, the insertion rate of oil with a fresh additive package.

Buster, Gulf coast filters has a million mile teardown with, I think 2 oil changes with Rotella oil and paper towel filters, This is the second semi this guy did the Amsoil thing with.

From the Gulf Coast Filter site. http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com

Maybe we should quit talking about oil and start using bypass filters. Notice the comment about "petroleum based and synthetic oil" It looks like filters are the answer not expensive oils.

"I have been using and testing Gulf Coast Bypass Oil Filters since 1998 in five different diesel engines. I have conducted tests using both petroleum based and synthetic oil. All of the tests have been verified by laboratory analysis.

In every case, the use of Gulf Coast Bypass Oil Filters has eliminated the need to drain the motor oil and refill with new oil. This has resulted in substantial savings, but of greater importance, laboratory analysis has shown that engine wear has been reduced to almost nothing. The savings in oil cost is just an added bonus, extending the engine life is of greatest importance."

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Woods:
From the Gulf Coast Filter site. http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com

Intersting, a picture of a Commie Pinko BMP vehicle for your military vehicle.

"Commie Pinko." Now there's a term you don't hear much anymore. Sorta gets me all nostalgic for the Cold War.
grin.gif

Didn't Charlie Daniels sing about a "Commie Pinko" in his song "Uneasy Rider"?

Now if I could somehow modify one of those 12-quart mega-filters to fit in my Civic I'll be set. Maby strap it on the hood...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back