Insurance companies refusing polices for Hyundai and Kia vehicles in some areas

so they are lumping the push button ones together with the keyed ones. i have 2 hyundais, both keyless , am its going to be interesting how my insurance company will handle this .

Doesn't surprise me at all. I've repaired over a dozen of these cases over the last year, with most repairs taking 6+ months to complete because there's such a shortage of ignition locks. It's insane.

I hate that those owners are being punished, however insurance by definition is a business of risk vs. profit. Once you identify a risk, you limit your exposure to it.

so they are lumping the push button ones together with the keyed ones. i have 2 hyundais, both keyless , am its going to be interesting how my insurance company will handle this .

That part I don't understand. My father owns an '18 Accent Limited with keyless go, absolutely zero way to steal that model.

That part I don't understand. My father owns an '18 Accent Limited with keyless go, absolutely zero way to steal that model.

Actually thieves are getting pretty sophisticated. Some software with a laptop and a blank fob, they can steal it pretty quick. Most of those stolen vehicles are destined to Africa or South America, not just some joyriding punks doing a Tic-Toc video.... I believe there was (or still is) a pretty rampant ring up in the Toronto or Ontario area where this was happening.

Actually thieves are getting pretty sophisticated. Some software with a laptop and a blank fob, they can steal it pretty quick. Most of those stolen vehicles are destined to Africa or South America, not just some joyriding punks doing a Tic-Toc video.... I believe there was (or still is) a pretty rampant ring up in the Toronto or Ontario area where this was happening.

You're absolutely right, I shouldn't have said zero way to steal. More along the lines of the chances a street thug is going to target a keyless go vs. a traditional setup are favorable towards the keyless.

It's the same problem with theft of Kia/Hyundai here in the Twin Cities-also cat converters. It just goes on and on. We are generally short of Cops and enforcement and Kia/Hyundai have been generally MIA on this issue-too bad. I have a push button 2020 Elantra that is kept garaged these days. We've been State Farm insured since 1974 and they had best not get cute.

You can buy an Autel or Launch/ThinkCar immo scan tool - and it has a separate break-out box for the key fobs(currently only for Euro cars). While you do need a NASTF/ALOA certification to get the immo codes from the OEMs, the Chinese scan tools don’t need special access to do immo work.

Insurance companies ( auto and home) are nothing but crooks and are only happy collecting your premiums and trying to weasle out of paying any claims.
That's never been my experience. Claims have been hassle free and quickly paid. For example, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my claim was settled when a woman totaled my Buick, and the amount they gave me was a pleasant surprise as well.

That's never been my experience. Claims have been hassle free and quickly paid. For example, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my claim was settled when a woman totaled my Buick, and the amount they gave me was a pleasant surprise as well.
They're only as good as your adjuster! Lots of people rave about State Farm, but, they screwed me hard when I was more naive & younger and got rear ended by one of their customers...

Back