Installing rear dash cam on window without damaging tint

Is this about a rear dash camera? Or the rear parcel shelf? And on what make/model/year?

Sorry, I was not being clear.

What I meant to say is the adhesive on the dash cam will be seized onto the tint after a few years. In the event I want to remove the adhesive off, it will be a PITA to remove.

Should I put something in between the tint and the camera's adhesive? Or is there any other better options.

Thank you.

Any tips or suggestions?

In case in the future I need to remove it.
If it came with privacy glass, then don't worry, just attach it, and hopefully not on a defroster line.

If an aftermarket tint was applied... you don't have much of a choice. It would be a little difficult to cut out a section of tint and remove it without damaging the rest of the tint.

My dash cam came with a thin clear plastic sheet similar to a clear cellphone screen protector for both front and back cams.

Anyone else with tints would like to share their experiences?
My son has front and rear dash cams that he can't or won't install (yet) because of his tint. It will ruin the tint if you try and remove it so his plan is to cut out a small circle for mounting it or take it back to his tint shop for advice / have them do it.

It appears you can buy sheets of some material to put on the window to avoid putting adhesive directly on the tint. I thought you meant using a suction cup mount at first. Either way, both will damage the tint if you try and remove them.

My dash cam came with a thin clear plastic sheet similar to a clear cellphone screen protector for both front and back cams.
Pretty sure that's just for "protection" before installing it

Pretty sure that's just for "protection" before installing it

Negative, Viofo calls it "static stickers" to protect the window.

1690219506375.jpg

My son has front and rear dash cams that he can't or won't install (yet) because of his tint. It will ruin the tint if you try and remove it so his plan is to cut out a small circle for mounting it or take it back to his tint shop for advice / have them do it.

It appears you can buy sheets of some material to put on the window to avoid putting adhesive directly on the tint. I thought you meant using a suction cup mount at first. Either way, both will damage the tint if you try and remove them.
Please let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Consider getting a phone TPU screen protector. Stick that protector on that film and then attach dashcam to the TPU screen protector. When you want to remove it, use floss to remove. TPU will stay there and hopefully will not affect the screen.

Back