I was followed home today. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you unknowingly did something in traffic that ****** somebody off enough to follow you. You didn't even have to really do anything, some people are just looking for something to get mad about. If I think somebody's following me, I follow them for a while.

It's starting to jell that this was a loose nut that didn't like my driving and I was way too tired, distracted and unattentive.

Good wake up call at best.

After I talk to the cops today, I'll be ever attentive and then I'll let this particular topic rest here.

Mabey he knows what a good stock picker you are and wants a tip.
rolleyes.gif

Pablo, maybe you were driving the 'for sale' Volvo and it was a potential buyer following you?

Maybe she (or he) thought you were just too darn attractive and had to find out more about you?

Seriously, maybe it was simply a case of mistaken identity and the guy realized his mistake when you got out of the car?

I know how that stuff feels though. I don't even like to have a passing car see me pull out of my driveway; whoever's in it then knows I'll be gone for awhile.....

offtopic.gif
I bought a new-to-me hyundai with a bad voltage regulator and was snaking my way home on 2-lane back roads. There are lots of short cuts around here to avoid left turns onto heavily trafficked roads, ***tard rotaries, traffic lights, etc. So anyone living west of town makes the same sequence of lefts and rights. It is easy for one to be conceited to believing that it's "their" little shortcut.

I was following this minivan and my headlights kept getting brighter and dimmer. She was going the speed limit or under and I wanted to get home in a hurry so the overvoltage wouldn't fry anything. I guess my impatience combined with the funky lights made me look like a real road warrior. She pulled off across from a prison (!) and I went by.

IDK what Washingontistan is like for traffic but your "shortcut" might be everyones.

File a police report and be extra careful in your driving. If you got followed again, drive all over the place while calling 911 and wait for the police to show up.

"I'm 100% sure the local Honda dealer is mad at me for laughing at his crazy price, but to this extent? To what end?"

"You think my filing an FTC claim against that nasty "software" company has anything to do with this?"

If you keep thinking like this, you will be committed to a mental institution! In all likelihood it was some screw-up messing with your head..some people are just like that. While I'm sure it would rattle me, I would just stay vigilant with your normal security procedures. Keep your doors locked. I like to keep my exterior lights on at the front and rear of my house. Although dogs can sometimes be a pain, IMO they are a priceless security item. We keep our medium-size dog downstairs while we sleep. NO ONE can get in the house without her causing one heck of a commotion!

FWIW - I agree with you ryansride2017.
I honestly didn't think the Honda dealer would come after me, and doubt that company would either. I really think some people just hate me.....JUST KIDDING!
smile.gif

Really looks like someone thought I was a buddy or someone didn't like some driving manuever of mine. I'm like "who knows?" right now. Just on guard but calm
smile.gif

Dogs are good.

I don't remember if anyone suggested you telling every neighbor in your area (if you know them or not) to keep an eye pealed on the vehicle or the general type of vehicle.

I was followed once as well. Nothing came of it. If you ****** someone off in traffic, you'd probably know it and know that's why nimrod followed you home. Just stay extra vigilant the next month or so. Did you get a look at the dude when he passed your house as you were in the driveway? Was he looking directly your way? Does your wife know how to use a firearm if your not home (worst case scenario)?

If you were closer I'd let you borrow our 3 mastiffs. They aren't that mean but great tripping and GAS hazards. Oh yeah almost forgot they could slobber him to death.

Pablo will be ok I think. I don't think there is a such thing as Misdemeanor or Crime in Washington. My friend who lives in Seattle told me that Washington is the safest state she ever lived in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back