I tried to prevent a Fram sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
(imagine debating noises coming from me that may sound like ech ..or hmm)

No, I wouldn't say that, globey. What's a TG and EG cost? I searched google and found that the range of a TG was between $6-12 ..the EG appeared a bit cheaper ..with a few numbers in the under $4 range. I doubt that either would compare in performance to a PureOne for $5.95 every day at AA. The TG's were into M1 range ..heck, depending on part number, they were into EaO range if you were a preferred customer. So, sure, they may be everything you say ..but they're still way over priced for what they give you.

Quote:

Looking at Fram Extra Guard, it actually has a metal screen over all the pleats, not likely to collapse. No other filter I know of has that.

I think you'll find that this is a function of your Audi/VW 30 psid spec bypass valve ..and if you're getting it for $5 ..you're getting the deal of the century on what most pay (about or near) for the standard orange can @ WM. I think you're talking about the Extended Guard if you're talking about "standard" screen. They appear all over the internet for the 'everyday low price" of 9.95 with others charging $13. You're still into (amost) two PureOnes and one M1 at the lowball price.

Click on "technology" for each filter

Just to reiterate. It's not the product, in its various offerings, per se`, it's the marketing model. It's weighted heavily in the advertisement/promotion/sponsorship/brand loyalty. M1 is there too. It may cost $0.30 more (if that much) to build a M1 over another like constructed filter. There's no way that an M1 costs 4X as much as a $2.xx-$3.xx filter at the manufacturing level.

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder why companies don't try to capitalize on the cardboard end-cap fiasco by showing their filter cut open next to their filter cut open....

Because Joe Average Consumer neither understands oil filters, nor does he give a flip.

Correct. They don't care. Infact if they knew how to close off the hole in the block, they'd probably save money by not running a filter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back