I Lost My Splash Shield

I used thick zip ties to secure the splash shield on my newly acquired Toyota Yaris. The previous owner damaged it hitting an animal (rural area). I drove it 240 miles last night on interstates. Its completely silent now and protecting the engine bay well.
If you need to remove the panel, do you have to cut or somehow open all the zip ties? How does that compare in time, complexity, and convenience to the factory installation?

If you need to remove the panel, do you have to cut or somehow open all the zip ties? How does that compare in time, complexity, and convenience to the factory installation?
Go under there with diagonal cutters and slash away. It's easier to put the puzzle back after you've done it a couple times. IMO it's easier than fiddling with those push pin plastic rivets that always fill up with sand and road grime. Yeah you can buy 100 of them on amazon for a few bucks but I never get around to it. But for whatever reason I always have a few hundred zip ties on hand.

It would take me no more than one minute to cut all the zip ties off with a needle nosed pliers. It was very convenient, time efficient and cost effective as opposed to ordering a replacement splash shield, waiting for it to arrive, then messing with those annoying plastic fasteners. It took me about 4 minutes to secure the cracked up splash guard which stayed in place and silent at 80 mph on the interstate.

Back