I Like FRAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last OCOD I bought sprung a leak at the seam.
Good thing I checked things out under the hood at the far end of a road trip ~750 miles from home.
Caught it in time and only lost about 1/2 a quart.

Originally Posted By: Timothy Ferguson
Do not get discouraged. The people on this board do not reflect the ignorance of MPVUE. As for MPVUE you want to treat others like you do here why don't you head over to gasbuddy.com and pull your [censored] there because thats the correct forum. Everybody I have ever seen here treat all posts with dignity and with respectful and honest answers/posts. One liners are not welcome here. If you don't have any input on the topic then keep mouth shut.

What else can be said. The OCOD is the lowest class of filter. We all know it

Originally Posted By: circuitsmith
The last OCOD I bought sprung a leak at the seam.
Good thing I checked things out under the hood at the far end of a road trip ~750 miles from home.
Caught it in time and only lost about 1/2 a quart.

Same thing happened to me with a Motorcraft filter. I guess I have to start calling them the WCOD (White Can of Death).

Originally Posted By: tig1
Do not get discouraged. The people on this board do not reflect the ignorance of MPVUE. As for MPVUE you want to treat others like you do here why don't you head over to gasbuddy.com and pull your [censored] there because thats the correct forum. Everybody I have ever seen here treat all posts with dignity and with respectful and honest answers/posts. One liners are not welcome here. If you don't have any input on the topic then keep mouth shut.

This may all be, I don't know.

What I do know is millions and millions of vehicles have survived oil changes using millions and millions of the aforementioned Fram filters.

So in the grand scheme of things they do seem to suffice.

Maybe, but not quite, tig!
wink.gif
Check out the Denso counterfeit thread here. Now, that's an ugly filter.

The good Fram filters, though overpriced, show us that Fram DOES know how to make a filter properly, if they try. A lesson in why the OCOD IS the OCOD.

wow Tim, what did I say? I wasn't the 1st to call the guy a troll, what's your issue with what I said? what '[censored]' did I pull? and exactly what am I ignorant of?

Sounds like a school yard.

My filters better than your filter, so there!

Hey, the guy likes Fram, there a problem with that?

I think there is a profound bias against fram on this forum. I've used orange cam frams at my dad's shop for years with no ill effects, in fact we considered them a better filter to the vavoline filters we usually stocked. They're is a fram video floating around that I found very informative, and in my view addressed the complaints regarding the cardboard end caps. I agree with the other posters as far as the ptfe time release garbage, but that is just marketing. I am really enthusiastic about the new Ultra, I have one ready to go, and it's priced a bit lower than many of the super premium filters out there. I think a lot of you guys need to lighten up, just a little

There has to be an order of quality in all similar objects. From Snap-on to Harbor Freight, from Bullseye oil to Pennsoil Platinum. It just so happens, that the Fram OCOD is at the bottom of the scale of oil filters. Like others have mentioned - Why not get a better quality filter, for the same or lower price?

I have a flock of filters in my stash. They are of various makes and grades. Right now I am on a Mobil M1-102 Extended Performance filter.

The next one will be a PH8A Fram from the stash. It will be for my winter change, and I am not afraid of it for a basic oil change interval. I agree that you get more bang for the buck with other filter lines. But the OCOD is just like, say a plain hamburger. It will do the job, but is not a top sirloin steak. I trust OCOD's best if they are oversize relative to the car.

The new Fram Ultra on the other hand, appears to be the best buy out there for the money.

I used Fram Orange Filters for many years during and after high school (1987) as well as my dad, grandpa, and others I knew through out the years. Not 1 person had a problem with them.

Since browsing this site and online posts I quit using them for fear of them exploding and told my dad to go with a Purolator Classic from Walmart for $3.27 to save a couple bucks and a better filter.

That was the days when everyone changed their oil at 3000 miles.

The question I have is how many miles are these filters giving problems? It seems everyone on this site likes to push oil change intervals to the max.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Well, if you don't like the thread, then just don't read it.

What are you, 4 years old?

Your mom is 4 years old.

Originally Posted By: JZiggy
The OP should voice his opinion in some quasi-technical riceburner forums rather than BITOG if he wants this level of discussion.

Your mother should voice her opinion in some quasi-technical riceburner forums rather than BITOG if she wants this level of discussion.

You can do better than the OCOD, however your engine may not be worth something a little better.

Your mother may not be worth something a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back