I Like FRAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all FRAM oil filters (yes, even the orange can) except for the High Mileage one. The reason I don't like this one is that I don't believe in putting additives in engine oil.

I think the problem with the orange can is that you can get better filters for the same price (or less). I've seen quite a few orange can failures on BITOG but no more than any other manufacturer I guess. But a Purolator Classic has a lot more media area for two or three bucks less.

Now Fram's better filters really are good products that probably don't get the mention the deserve around here.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The new Fram 15K filter which sells for $8.97 at WM looks like a nice filter..

Yes, I agree. Some of the newer FRAM filters seem to be a good product.

The orange can is fine if you are doing regular oil changes, I think.

If the guy likes Fram, thats fine, I have no problem with it. Myself I like Frsm Xtended Guard, ya there are probably other filters just as good for less money, but I shop W/M and they are handy to pick-up. Plus I don't spend $4.00 a gal. driving hither and yon checking pricing.

Plus I usually pick-up my oil while there.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Originally Posted By: JZiggy
troll.

I am not trolling.

when someone joins up 2 days ago and starts right in w/ a statement designed to get emotional responses, yes, you are a troll.

Fram,"You can pay me now,or,you can pay me later".
Basically that tagline was saying if you dont buy a Fram filter now,and you buy somebody elses you would be coming back for an engine job....
And thats when they were owned by Bendix Corp.
(not furnace thermostat maker Honeywell).

Originally Posted By: pbm
The new Fram 15K filter which sells for $8.97 at WM looks like a nice filter..

Agree. the Long life XG or whatever it is called (Ultra?) is a nice filter if it fits your application.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Fram,"You can pay me now,or,you can pay me later".
Basically that tagline was saying if you dont buy a Fram filter now,and you buy somebody elses you would be coming back for an engine job....
And thats when they were owned by Bendix Corp.
(not furnace thermostat maker Honeywell).

I thought that they were no longer owned by Honeywell?

Don't pay any attention to anti fram filter folks. Its just a dozen or so that respond, now if 12,000 members responded, then u would have some statistical data to run through the formulas, but without 5k to 10k responses, it does not hold water, Ps, been driving since the 60s, never lost an engine due to oil filter failure. But I have lost the whole car when forgetting where I parked at the Mall.lol old timers disease, I think.

As long as the Motorcraft filter is just pennies more than a Fram, I do not like Fram. (neither of my cars is a Ford but they both spec a Ford style filter)

frams work but arent a good buy. i am a wix man myself. they make the best products overall hands down just my opinion though. and your not a troll just misguided ....im kidding use what you like and like what you use.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Only ultra or XG for me.

The Fram XG Ultra filter...looks like a winner (Finally)....and priced right as well ($8.97 @ WM).

Will purchase an Ultra near my next OC....and use it for two 7K +/- OCI's.

Lower end Fram is fine for the basic 3-5k oil changes. Is it the best for the price range? Not a chance but the OCOD are just OK. Their higher end filters are some nice quality filters.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
I like all FRAM oil filters (yes, even the orange can) except for the High Mileage one. The reason I don't like this one is that I don't believe in putting additives in engine oil.

Remember the Double Guard filter, the one with added Teflon (PTFE)? Was THAT filter okay in your book?
Seriously, your post is like talking about religion, politics or the gender that you are attracted to. Nobody will be swayed by you. The Fram lovers will buy them no matter what and the Fram haters won't turn into Fram lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back