I got in trouble at Costco today

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if her husband called you a SOB and took a swing at you ?

I get gas at RaceTrac, no need for gas at BJ's or Costco and dealing with lines of cars.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
If it's always like that at Costco, why is there only one vehicle at the pumps in your photo? I suspect that your story is just that-another one of your "stories".

That picture is from Google Images, although the Costco gas station I go to is identical.

You should be seeking help for your multitude of mental and emotional issues rather than spending time on a discussion forum parading them around as if they are some sort of humorous, bizarre badge of honor. It has to be an incredibly stunted existence when you constantly wrap yourself in unwarranted fears and wallow in mental illness rather than being able to fully live life.

I've been under treatment since 1994, although there's no medication specifically designed for OCD. The medications used to treat OCD are anti-depressants in high doses; although they're just a Band-Aid for OCD. Being mentally ill can have its advantages. People who are mentally ill tend to be smarter than the average person; however, the mental illness generally prevents the person from taking advantage of being smarter.

Seems like you wanted the exact same pump you always go to. That way you can be ultra accurate when calculating gas mileage. If that means others are inconvenienced and you can have a little fun with them in your eyes, so be it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It's always like that at Costco; the line stretches across the parking lot.
The whole world buys their gas there it seems like.

If it's always like that at Costco, why is there only one vehicle at the pumps in your photo? I suspect that your story is just that-another one of your "stories".

You should be seeking help for your multitude of mental and emotional issues rather than spending time on a discussion forum parading them around as if they are some sort of humorous, bizarre badge of honor. It has to be an incredibly stunted existence when you constantly wrap yourself in unwarranted fears and wallow in mental illness rather than being able to fully live life.
Costco gas stations in So Cal, especially in Orange County, are very busy from around 9AM to 6-7PM 7 days a week. I only go to Costco after 7PM to shop or buy gas, usually no more than 2-3 vehicles in each line while it can be more than 7-8 vehicles in each lane during the day.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Why are you waiting in a line for 30 minutes to get gas. I find that to be more whacked than the tunnel phobia.

It's always like that at Costco; the line stretches across the parking lot.
The whole world buys their gas there it seems like.

I would buy my gas somewhere else, where there is no line...even if I had to pay more...

I've been under treatment since 1994, although there's no medication specifically designed for OCD. The medications used to treat OCD are anti-depressants in high doses; although they're just a Band-Aid for OCD.

Have you been burying guns in the ground this whole time? Been worried about government agents and secret chemical planes? It might be a time to revisit your treatment plan.

Being mentally ill can have its advantages. People who are mentally ill tend to be smarter than the average person; however, the mental illness generally prevents the person from taking advantage of being smarter.

Citation needed.

I've seen a link between bipolar disorder and intelligence, but your statement is very broad. In any case, you're exhibiting persecutory delusions, and I don't think there's a link to intelligence there.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Have you been burying guns in the ground this whole time? Been worried about government agents and secret chemical planes? It might be a time to revisit your treatment plan.

I have no guns to bury and I'm not worried about government agents.

Citation needed.

I have no citation for proof. I can only offer you my observation. I look around at the general public when I'm out in town and the conclusion I've come to is that normal people for the most part are quite dumb.

Your statements suggest otherwise.

I would've taken my rifle and walked up to the FBI barricade long before now. I would've gone out blazing.

Burying guns.

A Google search for Merkava_4 shows you talking about guns and conspiracies on a multitude of other forums. This includes a reference to a gun that you own.

I have no citation for proof. I can only offer you my observation. I look around at the general public when I'm out in town and the conclusion I've come to is that normal people for the most part are quite dumb.

Then, it's just an anecdote and shows confirmation bias.

Your statements suggest otherwise.

I would've taken my rifle and walked up to the FBI barricade long before now. I would've gone out blazing.

Burying guns.

A Google search for Merkava_4 shows you talking about guns and conspiracies on a multitude of other forums. This includes a reference to a gun that you own.

Then, it's just an anecdote and shows confirmation bias.

Why are you attacking Merkava_4? I don't get it. Has he threatened you or said something to you in this thread that causes you to disparage him for some reason?

I don't believe in many government conspiracies, nor would I have "gone out blazing" as he stated. But hey....we all have opinions. I don't think he's a nut job like you seem to be painting.

I think it says something about yourself that you've focused on him so intently.

Just my opinion.

I take issue with the delusional paranoid and conspiracy nutters. They're free to create threads and I'm free to call them out. Just my opinion.

It appears I'm not the only one who's observed his multitude of comments about the Yee'hadis, burying guns, buying suppressors, chemtrails, etc.

I take issue with the delusional paranoid and conspiracy nutters. They're free to create threads and I'm free to call them out. Just my opinion.

It appears I'm not the only one who's observed his multitude of comments about the Yee'hadis, burying guns, buying suppressors, chemtrails, etc.

He has admitted to being mentally challenged and is getting treatment for it. I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain from attacking him. He might be as you describe him to be because of those challenges. At some point, you just come across as a bully.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb

He has admitted to being mentally challenged and is getting treatment for it. I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain from attacking him. He might be as you describe him to be because of those challenges. At some point, you just come across as a bully.

I think I've been a little derogatory towards Merk. But now that he's come out and stated what he's stated in this thread, I feel bad for that and apologize. While Merk does post some way out there stuff, he's never, to my knowledge, attacked anyone with words or otherwise. Maybe this whole thing is a fake persona and maybe he's a man struggling with his mental state. Who are we to judge. If Merk is a vet, thank you for your service. I hope you find peace. I will endeavor to be more kind to you.

I know...like I said, I don't agree with all that stuff. But we do live in some awfully strange times. Things we once thought unthinkable are now a daily part of reality. It's really not much of a stretch that some people get a bit paranoid with distrust and want to be ready should anything happen.

Anyway....I think he seems like a decent guy.

Merk seems like a really sweet kindhearted person. I bet he'd be an awesome guy to have as a friend.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb

I didn't agree with every Merk's post, but I must admit that I thought he was and is a nice guy. Especially, with a veteran like him I would give him more leeway than normal people, because he may be suffering Post Traumatic Syndrome.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Merk seems like a really sweet kindhearted person. I bet he'd be an awesome guy to have as a friend.
I agree, I think it'd be awesome to have Merk as a neighbor lol.

Wow that must be a small Costco. Our Costco has about 30 - 36 pumps (not sure the exact number) but we have a lot. I usually go right when they open at 5:30 am, but even when I've gone later in the morning I've never waited for more than 10 minutes.

Also in my area, Costco can be as much as 60 - 70 cents a gallon cheaper. For example right now Costco is 2.29, the "major" brands a block or so down the street are 2.89. For 12 - 15 gallons, that is a nice bit of cash to save.
Let's see - at 60 cents times 15 gallons is 9.00, times 52 times a year (at a minimum) is 468.00 Well worth it for me, and that is just in one vehicle.

While Costco isn't always that much lower they are usually always at least .30 cheaper. It's funny how prices are different in various areas.

merk does start some ... odd threads. so what. this is the internet. he gives our group some laughs, and that's what counts -- to us.
there are several here that start odd threads, as well.again, so what.if people don't like what another posts, put that person on ignore. simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back