I got in trouble at Costco today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Also where's the gas filler on your car? If it's on the left it would always make perfect sense to #6 instead of #5.

Yes my gas filler is on the left side and yes, that lane I always go to is #6, not #4 like I said in the first post. Those people wanted me to go to lane #5 because there was more room in that lane at the time. They wanted me to go to lane #5 and then take my place in lane #6. I learned my lesson; next time I'm not hiding anything from anybody. People ask me a question, they're gonna get the truth no matter how disturbing it may be.

I have the same issue at times..

My fuel filler is on the drivers side, so I have to pull up with the pump on my right hand side. Due to a recent re-spray I refuse to stretch the hose across the car, so sometimes (depending on which pumps are available) I have to reverse up to the pump. The look of disgust on other drivers faces, and the obscene remarks as they walk past me to pay for their fuel kind of indicate that they disapprove strongly of people who use initiative or special awareness. These people want you to sit in a long line and brainlessly conform in the way they do.
When you engage your grey matter and think, they take offence because you're utilising a skill they don't have
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
I'm not so sure there is good reason to share personal details of your life with random strangers. Why does their opinion of you matter at all?

The lady's disgust and the husband's epithet outburst could've been totally avoided if I had just come clean and told them the truth in the first place. As it were, they thought I was being mean by holding them up. This is a case where two unknowingly normal people crossed the path of one mentally ill person's routine. Most of the time, I can go through my entire day without causing any negative affects on the general public, but yesterday, two profoundly different worlds came to a collision. I almost feel sorry for those people.

There's always a line at Costco here too, but only at lanes 2,4,and 6. People are too dumb to realize that the hose is long enough to reach to the other side of the car, so there's never a line at lanes 1,3,and 5.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
So they were behind you and expected you to pull forward to spot 5, rather than stop at 6 and prevent them getting to a pump also? What is the difference between 5 and 6? Both are on the outside of your danger zone.

The difference between lane #5 and lane #6 is that lane #5 is on the left side of the support pillar, which constitutes an enclosure. Lane #6 is safe. If I go through lane #5, I go through the structure. If I go through lane #6, I'm passing by the outside of the structure. I'm not really going through anything that way.

If I lived in California, I would be OCD about being in any structure because of earth quakes!

[color:#FFFFFF][/color]
Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
So they were behind you and expected you to pull forward to spot 5, rather than stop at 6 and prevent them getting to a pump also? What is the difference between 5 and 6? Both are on the outside of your danger zone.

The difference between lane #5 and lane #6 is that lane #5 is on the left side of the support pillar, which constitutes an enclosure. Lane #6 is safe. If I go through lane #5, I go through the structure. If I go through lane #6, I'm passing by the outside of the structure. I'm not really going through anything that way.

Ok, my mistake. I thought it was like this;

1__3__5
2__4__6 - you
__________them (Pull UP!!!)

Don't go through Boston on I-93 during rush. On a normal afternoon, that s 45 minutes in the O'Neal Tunnel. I get a little crazy as I go through it too.

It's always like that at Costco; the line stretches across the parking lot.
The whole world buys their gas there it seems like.

If it's always like that at Costco, why is there only one vehicle at the pumps in your photo? I suspect that your story is just that-another one of your "stories".

You should be seeking help for your multitude of mental and emotional issues rather than spending time on a discussion forum parading them around as if they are some sort of humorous, bizarre badge of honor. It has to be an incredibly stunted existence when you constantly wrap yourself in unwarranted fears and wallow in mental illness rather than being able to fully live life.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
If I lived in California, I would be OCD about being in any structure because of earth quakes!

Those gas station canopies are pretty flimsy; they're just there to advertise "hey I'm a gas station" and hold the required fire extinguishing equipment.

A couple years back an Irving canopy tipped over sideways from snow load, here. Guys were on the "roof" shovelling snow off and when they were half done, one side, the twisting of the uneven weight took it down.

So you had to wait 30 minutes for your gas because "its like this all the time" yet when you took that pic there is only 1 car there. That's F'n awesome.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

Not to insult you but I really wouldn't call that OCD. My grandson (14) the doctor says he's OCD has asthma and the kid has these weird panic attacks where he says he can't breath (while breathing) he just goes on about how he isn't taking in the oxygen and he can tell because his breath gets really hot...

Also does this thing where he breathe in every last bit of air when he notice's himself breathing. He also has to do the swallowing motion with his throat as well. It seriously effects his quality of life and I've seen him have several panic attacks over it which leads to a asthma attack almost every time.

You just have to tell him he's fine and that it's just a panic attack and nothing bad has ever happened so he's safe. The kid is the definition of OCD and while I don't know you I don't see how this is anything more then slight paranoia. I mean your going under the structure either way regardless of which lane you choose.

Maybe you're not clear on what OCD is.. from WebMD:

What Are the Symptoms of OCD?

The symptoms of OCD, which are the obsessions and compulsions, may vary. Common obsessions include:

Fear of dirt or contamination by germs
Fear of causing harm to another
Fear of making a mistake
Fear of being embarrassed or behaving in a socially unacceptable manner
Fear of thinking evil or sinful thoughts
Need for order, symmetry, or exactness
Excessive doubt and the need for constant reassurance

Common compulsions include:

Repeatedly bathing, showering, or washing hands
Refusing to shake hands or touch doorknobs
Repeatedly checking things, such as locks or stoves
Constant counting, mentally or aloud, while performing routine tasks
Constantly arranging things in a certain way
Eating foods in a specific order
Being stuck on words, images or thoughts, usually disturbing, that won't go away and can interfere with sleep
Repeating specific words, phrases, or prayers
Needing to perform tasks a certain number of times
Collecting or hoarding items with no apparent value

What Causes OCD?

Although the exact cause of OCD is not fully understood, studies have shown that a combination of biological and environmental factors may be involved.

No mention of asthma or breathing problems or other physical ailments. You've described physical problems that bring on panic attacks but none of the compulsive behaviors usually associated with OCD.

Best wishes for your grandson finding cures for his problems.

I have a friend with OCD that works at a sandwich shop. It's not a good job for him because he has to arrange the meat on the sandwiches very neatly in certain ways so it takes him longer than the other workers but he got promoted to manager so he doesn't have to deal with that as much.

I don't pretend to diagnose anyone over posts made in a forum such as this but for me, it does humanize one of our resident conspiracists.

I'm surprised they believed you. Sometimes you can be upfront and honest....and people will still think you are full of it.

My local Costco has long lines...so I just pay a bit more most of the time and go to Chevron.

Originally Posted By: 390pi
No kidding. Seems like everywhere they wait 20-30 min to save what, $2.00?
Believe it or not, I save $70 at the end of the year.
grin2.gif

So, that's 30 minutes x 52 weeks if you fill up that often.

26 hours of idling, which burns 6.5 gallons of gas @ $2.25/gal. $14.62

$70 - the $14.62 you spend idling = $55.38.

26 hours annually to save $55.36. Is your time really worth $2.16/hr? I'd gladly pay you that to do some landscaping for me.

The Costco that is pretty much next to my house does not have a gas station. The one in Oxnard does have a gas station and the line is atrocious. I would never spend that long waiting in line to save $.10/gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back