I Fuchsed the Mercedes today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 lires of 15/40 Ultralube for the engine,ATF 4000 for the trans and power steering and LS 90 for the diff.German oils for a German car - 1994 C220 with 240,000km.

I've only had it 6mths,hence the total fluid change.It's had dealer servicing by the book all it's life,except for the last one at an AA fast lube,and was 5,000km over....so I did a oil only change for 5,000km.The Ultralube is an HDEO,and I may go back to a passenger car oil after this oil change.The dealership where I work recently changed suppliers from BP to Fuchs - I'm happy with either oil.

The car was a trade in on the yard,but not suitable for resale because of the high kms,so I got it for trade in price.We have another C220 with low kms on the yard now for 3 times what I paid for this one.Nice to drive and much better on gas than the 3.0 litre Diamante.

You "what" the Mercedes? Just kidding

Nice ride, didn't know there is actually a brand call Fuch, it reminds me of a city in Austria called ... F___ing and how the residents being annoyed by tourists from various English speaking countries. Town sign thieves are huge problems.

Originally Posted By: Silk

German oils for a German car

That wouldn't be the Aussie blended stuff, would it ?
grin2.gif

I use the 15W-40 Ultralube in my Fiat tractor. IIRC 90% of Fuchs product sold in Oz is blended here.

No,I'm sure Fuchs is 100% German - I very much doubt the Australians would try to deceive gullible Kiwi's into believing a home brew was the real deal quality German stuff.

Originally Posted By: LexusAussie
It's pronounced "Fee- oo -wks" rather than how you think it is. Good oil actually.

It's not pronounced "Fee-oo-wks" in German. It's "Foox" with a short "oo."

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: LexusAussie
It's pronounced "Fee- oo -wks" rather than how you think it is. Good oil actually.

It's not pronounced "Fee-oo-wks" in German. It's "Foox" with a short "oo."

Thanks Mori !

That means we actually do pronounce it correctly here
shocked2.gif
(or as correctly as Aussies can
LOL.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back