I detest HOA nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying a house in an HOA is completely voluntary as well.

The HOA board is also one of the easiest positions to be elected to, you can always get on the board and influence the HOA if it is that much of a concern.
Exactly. People would much rather go postal on the HOA that actually stepping up and serving. Kind of like the arm chair QB's who hate the little Johnny's coach, but they won't step up and volunteer to coach the team.

Exactly. People would much rather go postal on the HOA that actually stepping up and serving. Kind of like the arm chair QB's who hate the little Johnny's coach, but they won't step up and volunteer to coach the team.

I am of the opinion that leadership qualities are sufficiently rare that in some, maybe many, maybe most, HOA neighborhoods, as small as they tend to be, you won't have ANYONE in the entire neighborhood that has those skills and talents to effectively govern/lead/manage an HOA.

I am of the opinion that leadership qualities are sufficiently rare that in some, maybe many, maybe most, HOA neighborhoods, as small as they tend to be, you won't have ANYONE in the entire neighborhood that has those skills and talents to effectively govern/lead/manage an HOA.
I am very proud of our board. We treat people very, very well. Why wouldn't we? After all "we" are "them".

There is a HOA down the road from me where my one friend lives and if you have a 4 year or older vehicle it must be in your garage. Not allowed to be on street or driveway

That’s a good example of a silly rule. If the vehicle is 3.5 years old it’s okay but six months later it’s verboten?

When HOAs start to micromanage their residents then the residents should stand up. Nobody wants to live in a junky neighborhood but common sense should be applied.

This whole thread is absurd. The complainers here are voluntarily participating on a highly moderated, regulated forum. Thats the exact media version of a HOA! They have to abide by rules here on BITOG, even if they disagree. No one is forcing them to participate here. That "can" go to other forums that allow all kinds of profanity and hate speech if they want, but not here. So why aren't the HOA haters melting down about FREE SPEECH? BITOG does not allow unlimited free speech, so haters, why are you here? Also, why is name calling like "Nazis" being allowed here, even in the title? That's about as vile as it gets!
Spot on, great post, In addition I too am surprised this thread is allowed to be titled the way it is.
Dumbest thing I ever read in here, complainers of HOAs telling others how they should live without a community run HOA … Exactly why I want an HOA so I don’t have to put up with that

That’s a good example of a silly rule. If the vehicle is 3.5 years old it’s okay but six months later it’s verboten?

When HOAs start to micromanage their residents then the residents should stand up. Nobody wants to live in a junky neighborhood but common sense should be applied.
That's right. That's micromanagement. HOA's definitely should not act like that. Not only is it wrong to the residents its supposed to serve, it gives all the good HOA's a bad name. Kind of like one bad cop reflects on 10,000 good ones. Unfortunately, the bad apple is the only one ever noticed. The ones that do a great job are ignored.

Spot on, great post, In addition I too am surprised this thread is allowed to be titled the way it is.
Dumbest thing I ever read in here, complainers of HOAs telling others how they should live without a community run HOA … Exactly why I want an HOA so I don’t have to put up with that
I am hoping a mod will delete and modify the title. Its beyond offensive and I even have a thick skin.

That's right. That's micromanagement. HOA's definitely should not act like that. Not only is it wrong to the residents it’s supposed to serve, it gives all the good HOA's a bad name. Kind of like one bad cop reflects on 10,000 good ones. Unfortunately, the bad apple is the only one ever noticed. The ones that do a great job are ignored.
Well never heard him or his neighbors (the ones that I met) complain so I guess they like it there Like what was said on previous threads, they didn’t have to buy/build there

Yes I forgot to add, we HOA "Nazis" only charge $25 / month, and we still get tons of insults and greif. $25!
What does $25 a month cover? Between electric for lights and ponds, pond fountain pumps, cutting grass, minor landscaping, maybe snow plowing, insurance, asphalt maint and gate repair uses up the $25K our HOA has in the budget for expenses.

This thread is hilarious....

Let me just sign here to agree to these bylaws.

La la la

La la la

Breaks the bylaws

La la la

HOA gets piffy

Dag gum people can't tell me what to do.

And it's not even just one person or only the OP.

IF YOU AGREE TO BUY A HOUSE AND LIVE BY THE BYLAWS, DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHAT THE BYLAWS SAY AFTER THE FACT?

Do I think many of the rules mentioned in this thread are absurd? Yes
Do I live in a neighborhood with those kind of rules? No

What does $25 a month cover? Between electric for lights and ponds, pond fountain pumps, cutting grass, minor landscaping, maybe snow plowing, insurance, asphalt maint and gate repair uses up the $25K our HOA has in the budget for expenses.
I do live in a neighborhood with a very very light duty HOA. At this point, whatever bylaws exist are not enforced. ie, no above ground pools but there are plenty of above ground pools. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

I'm also not trying to break the bylaws.

It's $75/year and basically cover the insurance for the common playground and common basketball court and whatever trivial maintenance is involved with them.

Several acres of greenspace mowing.
Flower beds around the large brick sign and trees near the entrance.
Electrical power and water.
Maintenance of retention pond (pumps, mowing).
Legal fees.
HOA administration company.
Cash awards for "yard of the month" and Christmas decorations. (NO, the HOA board is not eligible!!!)

There are a number of other expenses but you get the idea. All for just a piddley $25/month. BTW we volunteers don't get a dime!

Are you using a management company? Some HOAs don't. Some HOAs have major problems as a result.
Yes we have a management company. It would be impossible for the board members to do all the clerical and administrative work. We are all working men and women. I average a solid 60 hrs/week, mostly 12 hr. night shifts.

Our company shares the same philosophy as we do, be lenient, be polite, be professional, and use common sense. We give people ample time and opportunity to comply, and our policies are very reasonable. Generally keep your house and property up, don't park junk vehicles, and pay the super cheap dues. That's about it. BTW we approve 99+% of all building requests. In 6+ years, there was only 2 denials. One was for an aluminum carport (clearly not allowed in the bylaws) and one lady wanted to concrete pave her entire front yard. We had to say no. Yes, she went on social media and trashed us severely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back