I detest HOA nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thread is absurd. The complainers here are voluntarily participating on a highly moderated, regulated forum. Thats the exact media version of a HOA! They have to abide by rules here on BITOG, even if they disagree. No one is forcing them to participate here. That "can" go to other forums that allow all kinds of profanity and hate speech if they want, but not here. So why aren't the HOA haters melting down about FREE SPEECH? BITOG does not allow unlimited free speech, so haters, why are you here? Also, why is name calling like "Nazis" being allowed here, even in the title? That's about as vile as it gets!
Karens would be a more refined term.

Wouldn't it be for appearances....no old cars i.e. everyone is successful in the community
It would be tricky to enforce on a case-by-case basis; one neighbor might have a brand-new car that is already an eyesore (because of fender benders, never washed, covered with stickers, plastic bag on the rear window, mis-matched wheels, etc) while the next neighbor might have a car 5+ years old that looks immaculate and new.

My neighbors went from having two cars to having 10 cars. There wasn't enough room on the street to park them. My wife didn't like it. I'm more liberal. They're nice people. If we had an HOA, this wouldn't have been a problem. On the other hand, the fascia of my house needs some work that I've been putting off and my flower beds could use some TLC, so I'd run afoul of the HOA. I can certainly see my next house being part of an HOA and they take care of all the lawn and garden needs.

It would be tricky to enforce on a case-by-case basis; one neighbor might have a brand-new car that is already an eyesore (because of fender benders, never washed, covered with stickers, plastic bag on the rear window, mis-matched wheels, etc) while the next neighbor might have a car 5+ years old that looks immaculate and new.
Nope none of those in his neighborhood. He does have a 69 GTO Judge numbers matching and a 69 Hemi Road Runner in his garage but it’s also a 4 car garage

I guess it’s like John105 said. For appearances. The homes start at 3.5 mil and go to 15 mil. Can’t have any paupers🤣
It is rather odd to be so blatant about it, to have a bylaw stating such. Couldn't they just leave notes on the windshields, to remove or garage the objectionable vehicles? :giggle:

My neighbors went from having two cars to having 10 cars. There wasn't enough room on the street to park them. My wife didn't like it. I'm more liberal. They're nice people. If we had an HOA, this wouldn't have been a problem. On the other hand, the fascia of my house needs some work that I've been putting off and my flower beds could use some TLC, so I'd run afoul of the HOA. I can certainly see my next house being part of an HOA and they take care of all the lawn and garden needs.
My relatives in northern NJ, no HOA, had a habit of letting all relatives leave their cars in their driveway an on the street surrounding. 1400 sq ft 1952 home, sometimes 8 cars. A code enforcement agent actually came to see if they were running an auto repair shop and they were fined. There are some 1.5 mil. mcmansions mixed in and it looked ghetto. One uncle left his Astro Van that leaked oil in front of a neighbor's house and that neighbor surely complained to the town...

The last neighborhood we lived in I played by the rules and asked permission to cut down some huge sweet gum trees on my lot. The “committee “ actual showed up for their review. They ask why did I want to cut them down. I reached down and scooped up a double handful of gum balls and handed to the inquisitive one. They smiled and said go ahead.

It is rather odd to be so blatant about it, to have a bylaw stating such. Couldn't they just leave notes on the windshields, to remove or garage the objectionable vehicles? :giggle:
Who knows!!! But when it comes to landscaping, as far as I know he can plant any tree or shrub without an issue. It is a friendly neighborhood though.

I can certainly see my next house being part of an HOA and they take care of all the lawn and garden needs.

Don't assume HOAs take care of the maintenance of your property. Here the do for the townhouses with an additional monthly fee otherwise homeowners are responsible for upkeep.

Love the reference to HOA and BITOG, well put and exactly right. Can't imagine how the fanatical HOA haters can stand it here.

About cars and parking, the HOA generally can't do too much if they are registered, inspected, and mobile. Parking is a street issue the cops have to deal with . We are not traffic enforcement. I can't tell you how many times someone shows up and goes postal on the HOA about someone speeding. What the heck do they want us to do, chase them down and write a ticket? Make an arrest? This illustrates how ignorant people area about HOA's. We are not cops! We do not have authority to enforce traffic laws. Additionally, the poster who tried to refute what I said about the dilapidated RV was wrong. The RV is definitely prohibited wherever its parked, as are boats (unless garaged), large work / delivery trucks (pick ups are fine) and trailers.

Don't assume HOAs take care of the maintenance of your property. Here the do for the townhouses with an additional monthly fee otherwise homeowners are responsible for upkeep.

Love the reference to HOA and BITOG, well put and exactly right. Can't imagine how the fanatical HOA haters can stand it here.
In fairness, BITOG is completely voluntary, where as an HOA is a condition of a property purchase.

Further, an HOA can, and does, levy dues, where BITOG doesn’t.

For the OP, he doesn't like the rule of the HOA that he violated. Not much else to say.

Reading many of the other posts, its crystal clear that the rules and requirements of any particular HOA may vary wildly from another. Rules may vary state by state, locality by locality, and by individual HOA. And other factors may vary wildly by locale...

As an example, there are multiple references to looking at unsightly boats parked in a driveway.... In Minnesota, its almost state law you have a boat, and a ton of them are parked outside. You won't find many here who consider the sight of one "offensive"...

In fairness, BITOG is completely voluntary, where as an HOA is a condition of a property purchase.

Further, an HOA can, and does, levy dues, where BITOG doesn’t.

Buying a house in an HOA is completely voluntary as well.

The HOA board is also one of the easiest positions to be elected to, you can always get on the board and influence the HOA if it is that much of a concern.

In this area, the HOAs are (generally) only responsible for maintenance of common areas, which may include the street if not city or state maintained.

Townhouses in this area, the owner is generally responsible for all grounds and exterior maintenance, that includes the roof.

If it's a condo then you can expect the HOA to maintain the grounds and exterior.

The HOA board is also one of the easiest positions to be elected to, you can always get on the board and influence the HOA if it is that much of a concern.

Another problem with HOAs, not mentioned, is what happens when the HOA board mismanages the finances. Then it's usually "special assessment" time.

For the OP, he doesn't like the rule of the HOA that he violated. Not much else to say.

Reading many of the other posts, its crystal clear that the rules and requirements of any particular HOA may vary wildly from another. Rules may vary state by state, locality by locality, and by individual HOA. And other factors may vary wildly by locale...

As an example, there are multiple references to looking at unsightly boats parked in a driveway.... In Minnesota, its almost state law you have a boat, and a ton of them are parked outside. You won't find many here who consider the sight of one "offensive"...
Well yeah!!! You can't let them walleye go to waste😁

It is completely voluntary to live, or not to live in an HOA. No one is ever forced to live in one.

The dues paid is just one of the HOA conditions, just like some conditions are set here specific to BITOG.

The principle is exactly identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back