I cut a white Purolator up. Bit over 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how the date code looks to be stamped on the filter, instead of the spray on dot matrix thing I've seen on my own filters and all the recent ones on here, I'm wondering whether this filter is actually from 1997 (G in the date code could also mean that).

Originally Posted By: ptkdude
Based on how the date code looks to be stamped on the filter, instead of the spray on dot matrix thing I've seen on my own filters and all the recent ones on here, I'm wondering whether this filter is actually from 1997 (G in the date code could also mean that).

Classics get the date code on the side of the can, in red, like the OP's filter.

P1's and synthetics get the black dot matrix on the top, This is probably because the stamping/ink/paint might not adhere properly to the textured grip spray on those filters.

In addition, the Purolator Classic name is relatively new. If it was from 1997 it would say Premium Plus, or the part number might start with PER instead of L.

^good idea, I'm sure it would be torn after that.
I just pray and hope I can get a torn one someday so I can be a part of the puro hater club. I have several in my stash as well as mann. But I got funny feeling I won't get one to tear. This makes me so very sad hahahehehehahaha

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
I just pray and hope I can get a torn one someday so I can be a part of the puro hater club. I have several in my stash as well as mann. But I got funny feeling I won't get one to tear. This makes me so very sad hahahehehehahaha

Sure it does.

Now who are you again?

But I got funny feeling I won't get one to tear.

That could be a little far fetched.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

whistle.gif

Is that your conclusion after all the evidence is weighed?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Garak

whistle.gif

Is that your conclusion after all the evidence is weighed?

Yes and for a very good reason.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Sure it does.

Now who are you again?

Dude you strike me as a little odd but I'm mrsandman to you. Or you can call me by my name if you want. Just see my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back