I call her "tiny"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC06592.jpg

DSC06594.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

Nick,
when I lived in Adelaide, we used to find "fiddleback" spiders, which are apparently related to your recluse spiders, and had nasty flesh eating bites.

I think that crinkles' is a huntsman.

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Huntsman-Spiders

They are a very heavy spider, I've had two fall from my sun visor onto my lap over the last 25 years

Looks to me like "Tiny" needs relocating to a home for wayward spiders! Or on second thought, what does this species eat? Apparently you have a lot of what ever it eats and maybe you need to get rid of its food.

Please don't tell me it eats steak and shrimp and is waiting for the next backyard party...

If you are into spiders, I bet "Tiny" is a beautiful specimen. Me? Not so much. Still interesting to see it.

My instinct was telling me to kill, kill kill but I let it go. I hadn't closed the vents on the webber when I stored it and tiny made her home inside.

Hopefully by tomorrow she is gone gone gone. I woke up once with one of these 2 inches from my face.

I along with my two kids hate, despise, and have a long lineage going back to the beginning of time of fight or flight or kill all spiders (and no dry wells as of yet even with granddaddy long legs) that is well endowed in me.... KILL TINY

Do they go well with a Fosters?

Are you sure you aren't in Texas????

Love spiders. Ancient creatures. Doing their bit to keep us from being over run with other pests.

You guys are a bunch of weenies! I'm with Silber Igel, spiders are more our friends than our enemies.

Here are a couple of my friends... Not sure if they're one and the same or not. Note in the first pic, the glare of her eyes in the flash! The second one looks big due to the zoom of the camera.

2010-06-11181709.jpg

2010-06-05121902.jpg

We've got those guys all over in Central Fl. I have always called them "Rafter Spiders", as they tend to hang out in the attic rafters. They are really "Wolf Spiders". I leave them alone. I do take out the black widows on my screened porch, as I don't want my Daughter or her friends bitten when they are in the pool.

Dave

Last edited:
I always liked our cold climate which it is here most of the year but I think I have just grown to like it all that much more...

Black Widows you can keep 'em.
27.gif

I used to have an instant "KILl KILL KILL" instinct for spiders, which I got from my mom. These days since I know they aren't poisonous (most) I will either leave them alone, or try to move them outside without killing them.

I like spiders, they are very beneficial by helping keep the insect population in check. I don't kill any spiders but the girlfriend does, as she is terrified of them.

My gawd what has the world come to moving spiders (when they are alive) getting along with spiders, and what's this most are non poisonous ?? ALL SNAKES ANS SPIDERS WILL KILL YOU ? didn't yall see that movies arachnophobia ?

I myself have become a softy as I have aged... I try to live, and let live. Big huge gigantic big mutha writing or garden spider was outside on the shrubs/eve of the house which I allowed to live. The web was something to stand back in awe beautiful art of nature which can not be rivaled by anything man calls art by his hand..... still I have stomped wold spiders before huge looking creatures when doing so hundreds of little gnat looking baby spiders went running in all directions which she was carrying on her back... I'm in between a tree/bug huger and a kill all threats and their cousins... I however despise anyone who makes any dumb animal, insect, living creature suffer needless or for their pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back