How will the new Amsoil XL stack up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say to M1 or PU? Just the old formulation with a stouter add pack? New XL all grp3 base?

36.gif

I would guess and say on par with M1 Super Syn or regular Mobil 1. Hard to say. XL has always been a really good oil, based on UOA.

Unless you compared the engine test results, such as the Seq IIG/TEOST/IVA etc., you really don't know.

I think it is an awesome oil. Running it in the Camaro right now. It should be as good if not better. I would love to use it in my new Sierra, but I don't want to mess with any possible hassle with GM.

The XL seems to be a great oil.

I plan to test it in my 98 Toyota Camry V6 work vehicle that racks up miles quickly. I've pushed Amsoil OE to 7k with good results (UOA posted in the UOA section) I'm sure the extra additive package in XL can easily make it to 10k as advertised and then some.... i plan to find out.

I know that Amsoil is not one to pay for licensing fees (I don't really blame them), but do you think Amsoil OE and Amsoil XL would meet dexos1?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Im pretty sure Amsoil says the XL line meets Dexos 1.

Yes,Amsoil XL 5w-30 does meet Dexos 1 specs.Amsoil XL imo is compariable to and as good as any syn.for 10k or 1 year oci.

Originally Posted By: Jehartley
I think it is an awesome oil. Running it in the Camaro right now. It should be as good if not better. I would love to use it in my new Sierra, but I don't want to mess with any possible hassle with GM.

The XL seems to be a great oil.

coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5
Lets say to M1 or PU? Just the old formulation with a stouter add pack? New XL all grp3 base?

Amsoil XL usually showed UOA's that rivaled any oil posted here. The new formula is the same base oil, but with a whole new stouter additive pack. I expect UOA's to be the same or better, with people going 10K OCI's. I certainly would trust it, the Pennzoil products and M1 to 10K over some of the other Group III oils raved about here.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I know that Amsoil is not one to pay for licensing fees (I don't really blame them), but do you think Amsoil OE and Amsoil XL would meet dexos1?

I went to (Pablo's) Amsoil page and BOTH XL and OE meet the dexos1 specification.
If I could get Amsoil OE without shipping charges, I'd use it in a minute....

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5

Amsoil XL stands no chance!
We're talking about sales and discount %s right?
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back