How often do you pop the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Rarely.
If a car is leaking anything, you'll see it where you park it.
If anything odd is going on, you'll hear it.
For engines that leak or burn oil, you'll know it and will check as needed.
Operating the hood release obsessively will only wear out the cable prematurely and cause it to break.
Good luck with that.

That's pretty much how I view it. If the car isn't leaking or using oil, no odd sounds there's no reason to obsess over it. OTOH if you have a problem you check more often.

Depends on my mood I guess, I've checked it several times before i take the vehicle anywhere. I've gotten up just to check it for no real reason beyond checking it and I've went weeks without checking it. I guess I check it when ever i think about it.

It's probably once a week for me, give or take, but the G37 never needs anything in the way of top up. That being said, I check because I don't want a nasty surprise someday, particularly if it's one that was only creeping up.

Depends. The current fleet, probably once a month. Maybe twice. Neither are using appreciable amounts of oil.

Older cars, once a week? Maybe twice? In warmer weather it's a great excuse to go outside while at work.
smile.gif
The oil has drained back down and it's a quick check.

We do upwards of 500 miles/week on each vehicle, so I could say I check every 500 to 2,000 miles instead.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: dave1251
About once a month.

The normal people +1

+2 It is usually when I check the tire pressure and condition I will pop the hood and check out the fluids etc.

Every 1,550 miles (2,500 km) to top up the oil. That's once a month.

If the engine wouldn't burn any oil, I would check the fluid levels at halfway of the OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back