How often do you guys go WOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern engines are severely tested for durability. One automaker runs the engine at maximum output power - not redline - and then pumps -22 F coolant into it! It gets worse.

The point is in a modern engine in good running condition running it to redline is not harming it at all. It may actually help clean rings and valves which get tons of deposits in engines that do not get a little revved up now and again...

I do the odd run at maybe 90% throttle to about 90% maximum revs once or twice a week. Just to keep in practice with shifting at those rpms.

It's funny. Half of the people in this thread running WOT are the same ones that complain about the cost of gas, and chastise other people for driving inefficient cars. Carry on.

Originally Posted By: whip
It's funny. Half of the people in this thread running WOT are the same ones that complain about the cost of gas, and chastise other people for driving inefficient cars. Carry on.

Which half is that?

Originally Posted By: Mykl

Which half is that?

Not me, I WOT regularly and have anywhere from 4.6 to 7L to feed when doing so... If I were concerned with cost/MPG, I'd buy some little buzz bomb...

F150 - Probably one a week or so when passing.

Probe - Many many many times a day. The little Mazda v6 loves to rev.

R1 - I try to do a first/second pull a few times a week. Unfortunately when first is around 107 mph its hard to find anywhere to open it up.

Hemi - Whenever we feel like breaking something.

Last edited:

I am proud of having a new car that gets 15.4mpg due to my lead foot. Also I don't complain about the gas being $4.05 for 91. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car.

Haha I'm one of those who granny drives :p I gotta make that almost $4 a gallon liquid gold last as long as possible!!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I am proud of having a new car that gets 15.4mpg due to my lead foot. Also I don't complain about the gas being $4.05 for 91. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be a lead foot who wishes gas were cheaper. After all, it impacts your wallet more than feather footed drivers.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I don't think it's unreasonable to be a lead foot who wishes gas were cheaper. After all, it impacts your wallet more than feather footed drivers.

Would it also be unreasonable for the obese people to expect cheaper food? After all, it impacts their wallet more than regularly sized folks.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Would it also be unreasonable for the obese people to expect cheaper food? After all, it impacts their wallet more than regularly sized folks.
wink.gif

They have as much a right to complain about cost increases as anyone else. Being skinny doesn't make your complaining any more or less valid.

On my truck, it's not required often (3.92 gears), and probably costs $3 each occurrence.

On the Jeep, it's often necessary to get it up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back