How are Mopar filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CrAlt
Originally Posted By: CJWink
Maybe you just don't like Chrysler, and that's fine, but don't bash something you seem to know little about.

Oh you got me. Your right. I know nothing about chryslers...

Everything ive brought from a chrysler dealership or MOPAR Performance has turned out to be sub-par or over priced. I could list stuff all day but ill just say ive wasted tons of money on "genuine" parts and ive learned my lesson. Chrysler will never get another cent of my money. The aftermarket does it better and all that stuff you listed could be had else ware for less.

OP: Sorry to drift OT.

That sounds like a good idea

Yet you kept going back over and over, why? Mopar performance exhause is Borla, well yea I can get that cheaper someplace else. The same rant you have about Chrysler parts can be said about Ford and GM as well. I have owned 9 Ford trucks, 1 Chevrolet truck, and 2 Jeep Wranglers. I have no great love for Ford, Chrysler, or GM, but factory parts are factory parts you pay more than you do aftermarket.

Borla makes an exhaust kit for my jeep that I can get from a distributor that gets it direct from Borla, or I can buy it from a Jeep dealer that gets it from Chrysler who gets it from Borla. Logic says the more hands it goes through the more it's going to cost.

My true love is John Deere, same thing there, if I want to overhaul the engine in a John Deere 4020 and I go to a Clevite or FP dealer who gets the parts right from the sorce, of course it is cheaper than getting them through John Deere who gets the same parts, marks them up, sells them to the dealer, who marks them up. Its simple logic

By the way, you are the first person I have seen in years who admits to owning a K car! Rant on about something thats worth ranting about.

Just got my oil change done at the dealer, they put a 4105409-BC, or "EN 9057006", seems to be a bit oversized than the previous PH3614 that I was using. It resembles that of the "M3614" that the Pennzoil Quick Lube Station put on my vehicle a couple OCIs ago, seems very durable metal, clearly heavier than the PH3614...lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back