Honda issues stop sale on 2016 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
Don't forget things like the "infotainment system" can count in the initial quality survey.

In most of these type of surveys an "Issue" can literally be anything. Basically every little complaint from the customer has the same weight and if it is submitted will be counted the same, even if the complaint stems from the lack of understanding of the system or not reading the owner's manual.

For example, I tried to pair my phone with the Uconnect in my Dodge. I'm used to doing this type of thing in the device settings. Nope, there is no option. I start reading the owner's manual and it is all done through voice commands. Works like a charm.
But I could've reported this as a problem to one of these survey companies and most would count it the same as a blown engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KingCake
Honda being high quality is a bit of a myth. They've been plagued with engine/transmission/air condition compressor problems since the 80s.

And in the 70's their CVCC engines started chewing rocks around 110K miles. At least all of my friend's cars did.

So then there was never a golden age of Honda reliability? Either that's wrong, or US cars were REALLY bad in the 80's and 90's. I know too many 90's era Honda owners who would buy their 90's era car all over again, if they could get it new.

The opportunistic piling on is to be expected. For every one of these threads that can be made about Honda three can be made for GM, Toyota, and VW.

The best? No. But there's enough real data and customer testimonials out there to indicate that Honda was and still is above average.

That said, globalization is generally tending to equalize automakers as shared technologies and components can be found on German, Japanese, and American-branded cars. The top companies suffer a bit and the lesser companies benefit a bit. The new normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back