Honda Harmony II 216...Oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any same weight oil be used in these, like Mobil1? I've noticed that others have posted the different oil used in their machines. When I asked a Honda rep he said just to use regular oil.
In the back of my mind I didn't think this was allright.
Thanks.
Hugh

Sorry Hugh, I have no idea what a honda harmony is.
confused.gif

A Honda Harmony is a "consumer" lawn mower [as opposed to a " commercial" lawn mower..OHV engine..I've heard several suggestions from various lawn-equipment dealers as to oil.. I run 5W-30 Exxon Superflo synth in mine...

Got the same mower, I'm using Schaeffer's 5w30 in it, and will probably use Schaeffer's 10w30 next year. No particular reason, it's just what I had and will have.

C'mon, it's a little lawn mower engine AND it's a Honda. As long as you change it on a regular basis, you can probably pee in the crankcase and that engine would last forever!

I used 5W30 in mine for most of its life and even at the end of the season the oil still looks clean. I usually changed the oil only once every other year because of this.

10W30 is a little more stable than the 5W30, though, and I'sd consider this a top choice of weight. If you don't have a supplier of Schaeffer 7000 blend with moly near you, you could use Mobil 1 SuperSyn or Pennzoil's dino 10W30. All the preceding have moly in them.

But, as was just stated, Honda's are excellent runners even when mistreated.

--- Bror Jace

I have read in a Honda lawnmower manual , that they would prefer you use a detergent oil ... SF or SC rating I believe ... Don't know how much difference it would make using regular oil ..
but I remember Honda says to use Detergent oil..
Just my 2 cents.....Larry B.
shocked.gif

A little over a month ago I drained old oil (John Deere (???) ), filled with JD again and ran motor for a few minutes till warm, drained and filled w/ M1 SS 10w-30. Will see how it goes....

i have a honda harmony 215 w/the ohv motor. i cut grass as a side hustle with it. it gets action sometimes 10 to 15 times a week! i use the mobil 1 super syn in it. no problems. i use 30hd penzoil in the briggs and tecumsehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back