Holy Grail Oil Spec Comparison Tool ACEA ISLAC Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure this has been posted before but man am I impressed. Can do overlays between various specs etc.

I like the ACEA Specs the best so far and could now car less for ISLAC GF-4 GF-5 (Ford M2C913-C looks good too).

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/lubrizol/EOACEA2009/RPTOOL2010Dep/rp/pc/index.html

Now I see so easily why others have said to go by the ACEA specs (provides best wear and deposit controls).

ISLAC Looks like its primary job is fuel economy and protecting the cat ( "aftertreatment compatibility" )

Enjoy!

This should be an extremely prevalent main link on the Forum Home Page!

I have to agree, that thing is totally cool
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Yeah it's a good chart. Why no GM specs?

Dexos 2 is listed under Opel

Originally Posted By: Fallguy

Now I see so easily why others have said to go by the ACEA specs (provides best wear and deposit controls).

Still, some people don't get it.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie

Still, some people don't get it.
smirk.gif

Ya, who would run an API sparker oil in a Euro car?!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: BobFout

crazy2.gif

Who said trying to run API oil in a Euro Car. I am looking to run Euro Oil in an American.

Euro is better is it not, unless you are trying to save 1 extra mpg or run a cat 300,000 miles then API and ISLAC are the cats meow (pun intended).

Yes/No?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BobFout

crazy2.gif

Who said trying to run API oil in a Euro Car. I am looking to run Euro Oil in an American.

Euro is better is it not, unless you are trying to save 1 extra mpg or run a cat 300,000 miles then API and ISLAC are the cats meow (pun intended).

Yes/No?

I'm agreeing running a Euro oil in a US car is a good thing. You pointed out the superior wear and deposit control.

I was just hinting that based on those Lubrizol charts, SM lacks far behind even 10 year old Euro specs. I haven't seen enough engine tear-downs to see what would happen if you ran SM oil in an Euro motor for a long period of time.

As much as I hate to do it I am about ready to through in the towel and go with Amsoil (hate the multi level marketing).

Would also consider German Syntec but can not find out the actual MRV (low temp actual number) Website just list a default 60,000

Regards

I think if I had a performance car I'd use the M1 ESP 5w30 that meets the Porsche C30 spec.

I think if I had a performance car I'd use the M1 ESP 5w30 that meets the Porsche C30 spec.

Started looking into ESP a bit and it is interesting, can it be obtained anywhere easily (autozone, napa, advanced auto, checker).

Thanks, Tried the website as do not have a pep boys within 100 miles of me.

Cant even find any oil on their website.

The 507 and Porsche C30 are the two most difficult specs to meet based on that tool. The VW 507 is identical to the Porsche C30.

I have never looked at this oil before. I like what I see on the PDS and think I might throw it in the TC'd 2.4l next time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back