Penz Lack of ACEA Specs bother anyone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
No,i dont need ACEA specs,GF5/SN will get me by just fine with no problems.

Understand overkill is not necessary but if I can get it at the same price I'll take it.

I can find little on GF4 GF5 or SN oils other than the spec protects your cat and get you every so slightly better mpg.

Is there some useful information out there as to specs for Wear and Deposit control that a GF5 SN would provide. Think I came across something but need to riffle through the multitude of papers I have to find the web link.

Originally Posted By: Fallguy
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
No,i dont need ACEA specs,GF5/SN will get me by just fine with no problems.

Understand overkill is not necessary but if I can get it at the same price I'll take it.

I can find little on GF4 GF5 or SN oils other than the spec protects your cat and get you every so slightly better mpg.

Is there some useful information out there as to specs for Wear and Deposit control that a GF5 SN would provide. Think I came across something but need to riffle through the multitude of papers I have to find the web link.
Valid point,i just try to keep it simple but i completly understand your idea.

With all the hype around the synthetics its tempting sometime to just go back to Dino and 3-4K changes (clean oil is happy oil).

With all the hype around the synthetics its tempting sometime to just go back to Dino and 3-4K changes (clean oil is happy oil).

Thats the way i have played the game for ever and so far so good no engine problems,if it ain't broke don't fix it works for me.
19.gif

Well of course that would work, but then again the idea behind synthetics is long OCI's + outstanding protection. In the end many people who follow the 3k regimen gain nothing except piece of mind and a little enjoyment from wrenching on their cars.

OP -- re: your thread title -- it bothers me to no end, since i just used PP for the first time.you state that PP ONLY meets ACEA ... . that's funny.the modern API, GF-5, SN oils are, by nature, overkill.the PP oils are, arguably, as good as you can find.
the "fact" that the SL, and SM oils will kill cats is a bunch of bee sss. there are millions of NA vehicles that use/used SL and SM oils, over many years, with no ill effect.enter the paranoid people.
"am i not looking at this in an analytical fashion ?"many here look at these topics in an ANALytical fashion.you've been here less than a month -- so observe, and you'll see much ANALytical behaviour. many have 200, or 300 qts./l. of oil stored in their homes, while they have a garage, because it's too "cold" for the oil.some test pour points of oils, by using their freezers.
i'm not getting on anyone about this -- these membes admit that this is anal behaviour. some call it OCD.whatever you want to call it -- it's just semantics. to me -- it's funny, and entertainment.the truly funny part is that some can't figure out why their SO gets peed about a closet half filled with oil, or oil in the freezer.amazing.taking away closet space from some women would be like taking out their eye teeth.
at any rate,welcome, and enjoy the site. it is very informative, and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back