Hemorrhoids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitz baths, steroidal suppositories, creams, etc. Feminine hygiene wipes help to cleanse/soothe the area.

Colo-rectal doctors can examine whether your issue is internal or external and recommend a solution. Your primary care physician can prescribe suppositories to help reduce inflammation.

Get over it folks, hemorrhoids happen for a variety of reasons. Nothing to be ashamed, disgusted, childish about. Ask your primary care physician what a top 3 or 5 issue is for a doctor visit, it will include hemorrhoids.

The people on this board never cease to amaze me.

I've been doing some checking on the internet and they're saying that if the surgeon makes a mistake and accidentally cuts a muscle in the trap door, you'll have incontinence. That can't be good.
eek.gif

The rubber band ligation sounds like it would be less traumatic than going under the scalpel. I imagine the scalpel would require a long and painful recovery time.

I had the rubber band job done about 20 years go it seems to be fine. Hemorroids like varicose veins. Just make sure the doctor doesn't put the rubber bands on your Testicles by mistake.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I had the rubber band job done about 20 years go it seems to be fine. Hemorroids like varicose veins. Just make sure the doctor doesn't put the rubber bands on your Testicles by mistake.

lol..at my age it no longer matters. If I had it done about 45 years ago the wife and I would be happily retired in Hawaii.

Working in a hospital with a great maternity ward we have kits for birthing mothers and one of the items in there is Tucks medicated wipes(witch hazel wipes) which reduces the size of hemorrhoids. 90% of women giving birth usually get hemorrhoids from all the pushing they have to do. It's worse than constipation but they also end up with constipation from the epidural.

Nothing to be ashamed, disgusted, childish about. Ask your primary care physician what a top 3 or 5 issue is for a doctor visit, it will include hemorrhoids.

Well said. Thanks. Hemorroids have been with Man since he began to walk upright.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Nothing to be ashamed, disgusted, childish about. Ask your primary care physician what a top 3 or 5 issue is for a doctor visit, it will include hemorrhoids.

Well said. Thanks. Hemorroids have been with Man since he began to walk upright.

Or more accurately, started sitting down and drinking a lot.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Doog
Why did I click on his thread.........
crazy2.gif

Apparently you and 2318 other people have.
lol.gif

i never remove my hemorrhoids because i think mine is genetically hereditary on me.

mine not too severe so just maintain my meal, so far in this year nothing comes out

Originally Posted By: CT8

I'm wondering how they were able to inflate the hemorrhoids before tying the rubber bands around them.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

I'm wondering how they were able to inflate the hemorrhoids before tying the rubber bands around them.

I don't think they worry about how much blood is in the hemorrhoid before banding it, since the goal is to cut off the blood supply anyway.

There are two ways they do the band ligation that I've heard about:

The older way that takes longer, is more uncomfortable, and uses a few metal instruments to grasp the hemorrhoid and place the band around it.

The faster method, called the CRH O'Regan system, uses a plastic suction tube device that pulls the hemorrhoid inside of it, and has bands ready to push in place on the outside of the tube.

Got a new one to add to everything else I mentioned earlier in this thread: Organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Shake well and soak toilet paper with it. Apply a few times a day for a few weeks or longer if needed. For internal hemorrhoids you can mix a table spoon or two of ACV to 8oz of water and drink it once a day. Taking it internally could always interact with medications, so definitely something to ask a doc about first. You can find web sites recommending this, and it looks to be one of the most effective natural treatments.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Originally Posted By: Cadenza

Or more accurately, started sitting down and drinking a lot.
wink.gif

^ this.
pop's standard post about diet, exercise, and fluids is correct. but, there are several reasons why people get hemorrhoids. diet is not the be-all, end-all, determining factor of one's health issues.a lot of variables are involved.

merk --now I know why you started the foam paint roller thread. you use this to apply your 'roid cream.just don't use it too often. you might get to like it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Have you guys had your hemorrhoids surgically removed and did they come back afterwards ?

What are hemorrhoids you ask ? They're blood veins that get weak in one spot and start to inflate.
Yeah.

I got a hemorrhoid when, while extremely drunk, I was throwing up and taking a [censored] at the same time. I think the increased blood pressure from the vomiting dilated a vein while my poor **** was relaxed and vulnerable.

Preparation H didn't seem to help much, and neither did witch hazel. Strangely enough, Gold Bond Extra Strength Medicated Body Lotion helped a lot as well as keeping it clean and manually reducing it when I could.

Eventually it went away, but came back a few more times related to stress.

The last time it came back it clotted and could no longer be reduced. One morning it finally burst with a gush. I was freaked out like a school girl having my first period. My body was changing. Good thing I wasn't wearing white pants. I saw the doctor about it and he said it was good that it burst and that it would now heal. Anyway It eventually did and is gone. During the healing process, sitz baths and creams felt good, but prolonged the healing process as they kept a scab from forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back