How soon after waking up on work days do you actually leave home for work?

On a similar vein as the What time do you wake up on Sunday morning? thread, how soon after getting out of bed do you leave the house to get to work? Between reading the paper, eating breakfast, using the bathroom and getting dressed, etc. The times I have to go out, I want 2 hours minimum and am envious of those that say they can be out of bed and out the door in 20 minutes. If your work is from home, that doesn't really apply.

2 hours for me as well. I wake up at 4:45 am and I’m out the door at 6:45. I can’t stand feeling rushed, so that gives me plenty of time to unload the dishwasher, have coffee and breakfast, and just have a quiet morning before starting the work day.

During the week, 20-30 minutes. 45 minute drive. My shift starts at 6:45 but I'm always there by 6. If I tried to leave any later I wouldn't get in on time. Traffic in central MA is nuts and I'm not even near Boston.

One hour. Alarm set for 5:17, shower, get dressed, shave, feed cats, put dishes away, water plants, eat breakfast, put lunch together, and brush teeth. I aim to leave at 6:17. Honestly not sure where the 17 came from, but I've been doing it for at least 16 years!

I don't really have an official start time for work but I generally get up at 6 AM and try to be in the office around 7:45 AM. I'm in office 2 days a week and working from home 3 days a week but I keep a pretty similar schedule either way.

Up at 7 on the dot, 30 minutes for restroom activities and the morning news then I'm out the door. 25 minute commute puts me "boots on the ground" at 7:55 for my 8 am shift.

I leave around an hour and a half after I get up.
That leaves time for a leisurely couple of cups of coffee and an unhurried shave and shower.
I do not like to feel rushed in the morning.
I aim to get to work by seven or shortly thereafter and typically have some extra hours in to leave work early on a couple of days. I have enjoyed twenty plus years of flexible hours and would hate to have a fixed time to have to arrive and leave.

At them moment, hour and a half? Been trying to use 30min for a workout routine, then it’s an hour for breakfast to cook while packing a lunch. I like to sit for 30min or so while reading the news and eating. It’s about an hour fifteen to work as at the moment I drop my son off at college on the way. If it wasn’t for that, I’d have my commute down to 50, 55 minutes—or 30 seconds, as I could stay home 2-3 days a week. Which I really miss at the moment…

About the fastest I could get out the door, short of a fire alarm, would be probably 15 minutes. Make some oatmeal, make a pot of coffee. Maybe make 2 pots, if I’m going to be out for a while, I’m bringing a thermos, but that would bump those 15 minutes out a bit.

On most days I work from home from 0630 till noon. If I have to go to the office it's usually in the afternoon.

Back