Help me chose one HPL oil for both my cars

So I'm going to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal coming up and am looking for some input for 1 HPL oil for both of my cars. I could go with 2 different oils but one would make things easier storage wise.

2016 Chevy Malibu 1.5 liter, manual states 5w-30 currently has 100,000 miles
2023 Chevy Equinox 1.5 liter, manual states 0w-20 currently has 9,000 miles

Live in central Michigan, can't get both cars in the garage so one will be parked outside all the time. Not really really afraid of going outside of what the manual states for grade as long as it's somewhat close.

What are your thoughts?

Go with the higher operating viscosity of the two. The 2023 will do just fine with a 30 grade oil. Given that you live in the mitten, I would go with the PCMO Premium or Premium Plus 0W-30.
+1 with a slight tilt toward Premium Plus

5/30 vote - if you are dead set on only one.

Side story: I’m from Texas, but I lived in the midwest for a few years. I was running straight up conventional 10W30 in the middle of the bitterly cold winters (or at least cold for a Tex boy.) I didn’t know any better. I drove that truck for several years after that when I move back to Texas… I guess that 4.7L Dodge engine didn’t know any better either.

5w30.
PCMO Premium or Premium Plus 0W-30.
Just be aware that the only one in the Dexos-1 Gen-3 League is their No VII Motor Oils. You would be picking inside their PCMO Series oils. Otherwise it's Gen 2.
You didn't mention if you want to stray from GM's latest Dexos 1 / Gen 3's, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've decided to wait and not bite on this 25% off sale. I want an HPL Choice, outside of the No VII Series, that's on par with Dexos 1 Gen 3.
Someday, there will be Gen 3 equals in either Passenger Series or Passenger Plus. HPL may decide to offer another new Series that's Dexos1 Gen 3 and includes 1-2 of the 0w winter rating oils.

Last edited:
5W30 for both. Might as well error on the Premium Plus line since it is 25% off all oils. Looks like the Equinox takes 5.3qts with filter replacement and the Malibu takes 4.2qts with filter replacement.

5w30.
PCMO Premium or Premium Plus 0W-30.
Just be aware that the only one in the Dexos-1 Gen-3 League is their No VII Motor Oils. You would be picking inside their PCMO Series oils. Otherwise it's Gen 2.
You didn't mention if you want to stray from GM's latest Dexos 1 / Gen 3's, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've decided to wait and not bite on this 25% off sale. I want an HPL Choice, outside of the No VII Series, that's on par with Dexos 1 Gen 3.
Someday, there will be Gen 3 equals in either Passenger Series or Passenger Plus. HPL may decide to offer another new Series that's Dexos1 Gen 3 and includes 1-2 of the 0w winter rating oils.
I've been told to ask these specific questions.

There's a very good chance they can whip something up for you.

Sorry I spotted this late but how many miles do you plan to use the HPL for? The reason I’m asking I have Equinox and Crosstrek, and before GDI engines I went 1yr or 10000 miles

Back