Has anything increased in price as much as replacement wiper blades have?

I've seen these things for as much as $40 for ONE blade. That would be a lot for a pair, let alone for just one blade. If there is such a thing as gouge checkers, this is where they need to be looking...

What application? I know I bought some recently for less than $10 each, maybe $7 each, at Walmart.

Is this some new-ish car that has something exotic about the application?

At least we still know how to make windshield wipers. A few years ago we forgot how to make enough of a different type of wiper: toilet paper. We could send a man to the moon in the 60's but we couldn't figure this out.

Last edited:
I paid 16 each at O'really for 97 RAM.
< pictured wipers are made from unobtanium.

And, WHT can they not make them from silicone?

Are they those really long wipers? Some are as long as 30 inches!

These sound like Autozone prices.

Have you checked wal mart, rock auto, etc?

This.

For most cars, especially those whose wiper blades aren't extremely long, you can still get blades for $2-3 dollars each plus shipping, but the shipping is basically a flat rate no matter how many you buy

I am lazy and buy most of my blades from amazon. Comparing what I paid in 2016 vs today, its increased 100%.

I've seen these things for as much as $40 for ONE blade. That would be a lot for a pair, let alone for just one blade. If there is such a thing as gouge checkers, this is where they need to be looking...
Where did you check on prices. They vary widely from online to the convience store experience (auto parts stores).

I am lazy and buy most of my blades from amazon. Comparing what I paid in 2016 vs today, its increased 100%.
I just checked my Amazon buy again history and the beam blades I bought in 2021 are the same price today and still wipe clean, quiet and smooth.YMMV

Thank them for that increase. Toxic for your health.
I thank them since I don't drink it, and the stock dividend keeps me happy!
I do understand though that this may have something to do with your idea. New York figured that out several years ago.

Back