The new 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe is the bomb

Looks really nice to me. Not sure I’d risk Hyundai/Kia reliability which is awful to decent and this is coming from a high miles VW owner.

Hyundai/kia has screwed over a lot of people with their engine failures I know who could not afford car in first place and weaseled out of fixes in early cycle .

Hyundai/kia has screwed over a lot of people with their engine failures
Now hold on a second: you pump cheap low-quality gasoline in each and every one of those, day-in and day-out. Then use bottom shelf motor oil and over-extend the OCIs on GDI engines. What do you expect will happen?

For a very long time the KIA/Hyundai customer base has been the subprime folks who either went to Nissan, got rejected there, and then checked in with Hyundai or KIA. You can't honestly expect those folks to take care of their vehicles. 🤣

Now hold on a second: you pump cheap low-quality gasoline in each and every one of those, day-in and day-out. Then use bottom shelf motor oil and over-extend the OCIs on GDI engines. What do you expect will happen?

For a very long time the KIA/Hyundai customer base has been the subprime folks who either went to Nissan, got rejected there, and then checked in with Hyundai or KIA. You can't honestly expect those folks to take care of their vehicles. 🤣
There's chevy 350s that are 30+ years old and this is how they're maintained. I guess tbi is better than gdi

There's chevy 350s that are 30+ years old and this is how they're maintained. I guess tbi is better than gdi
Joking aside, that's why those Hyundai engines failed. Toyota kept selling antiquated engine designs with less power, and MPI, along with Soviet-era autotragic 4-speed transmissions, until the very last minute. Never mind the 4-Runner, it's still antiquated, and expensive. It's not that Toyota is more reliable, it's that Toyota can withstand neglect, lack of proper maintenance, and low quality gasoline better. Toyota is the Honda-Lawn-Mower of the automotive world.

Not sure which company has them but they are a hot rental. I saw 4 of them at Bryce Canyon with rental tags. First time I have seen them on the road. Looks like an update old Scion. Not bad but not paying that price for a Hyundai.

I´m seeing many more new Kias on the road. Not sure if it´s cause of Kia, or the economy!
When we bought our VW Atlas in 2021 the Kia and Hyundai equivalents were going for $5-10k over MSRP.

Lots of reports of poor short/medium/long term fit and finish and mechanical issues with those two brands.

I paid nearly $12,000 less than a friend who purchased a similar trim level Hyundai palisade.

It seems like the Koreans copied land rovers styling AND reliability.

I’m not sure about the front end, but I think the rear is neat - it’s striking. These guys are really taking some risks with their design language and frankly that should be applauded. However, durable looks without durable operations will crush branding. Otoh, other mfrs have done well with selling good looking products with shabby reliability.

Joking aside, that's why those Hyundai engines failed. Toyota kept selling antiquated engine designs with less power, and MPI, along with Soviet-era autotragic 4-speed transmissions, until the very last minute. Never mind the 4-Runner, it's still antiquated, and expensive. It's not that Toyota is more reliable, it's that Toyota can withstand neglect, lack of proper maintenance, and low quality gasoline better. Toyota is the Honda-Lawn-Mower of the automotive world.

That last sentence made me spit my drink out. Love it.

Not sure why you feel that way; this isn't a 1989 Hyundai Excel. Just a personal data point on an older Santa Fe: we have a 2007 Santa Fe GLS in the family (my wife originally and now my daughter's) with over 251,000 miles on it.
90% of the people on here have never owned a Hyundai or kia product. They just regurgitate what some others or videos say.
We have owned numerous Korean cars, from new, and all of them have been great.
Just take care of them, like any other car.

Many of these engine issues are from owner neglect. They are usually the cheapest on the market and many owners let maintenance slide.
Because they are trying to save a buck.

Fwiw

Back