HAMP Synergy High Performance Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a one month old Honda Airwave - engine L15A 1.5 SOHC Vtec. Please advise is the HAMP a better filter than the original HONDA filter. Both are manufactured in JAPAN by Toyo Roki. HAMP filter claimed to increase 5psi in oil pressure especially good for high rev Vtec engine. Any comments on this please..

As long as it doesn't look like this HAMP when you take it appart.

-

If this is the HAMP you speak of ...yes, it is truly a low restriction filter ...working how "shark nets" protect beeches.

nope, I don't think so it's like that although I did not open the filter. In your opinion do you think it's a goof filter

Not if it looks like the above filter. If you notice, the end sealing piece doesn't span the entire length of the end section. This allows oil to merely bypass any filtration by entering through the exposed interior pleatfold to the center core.

Since you don't know if this is the current design, I can't comment on whether it's good or 'ungood'. If you're not able to open one up for viewing, I'd get an offering, if available, from a vendor that has a proven level of consistant quality.

HAMP is very average. The ricers like them because they're "JDM" but you can do a lot better.

Quote:

I own a one month old Honda Airwave - engine L15A 1.5 SOHC Vtec. Please advise is the HAMP a better filter than the original HONDA filter. Both are manufactured in JAPAN by Toyo Roki. HAMP filter claimed to increase 5psi in oil pressure especially good for high rev Vtec engine. Any comments on this please..

So did you cut that Hamp open? I have an 06 Civic and I got the Hamp on my last oil change. I must say that when I had the Honda oem filter, The oil looked pretty dark at around 3500 miles. I just checked my oil at 3000 miles and it looks as clear as day 1. No more Honda oem filters for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back