HAMP FILTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing a lot of research on oil filters for my 07 tl-s. And so far the filters I would like to use are PUROLATOR P1, PUROLATOR PP, MOBIL 1, and 15400-PCX-004 Honda filter, the only one that I need information on is the JDM HAMP H1540-PLC-505. Are any of you using this filter or is it ok touse on a TL-S. Any info would be apreciated thanks.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Hamp's are great filters. I know a lot of people love to use them on their Integras. Some info I found about them:

-Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant.
-The new small HAMP filters will give about 5 psi more of oil pressure due to its smaller size. There is no loss of filtration or performance with the smaller filter.

Plus i've also heard that they're made really well
smile.gif

Quote:

Hamp's are great filters. I know a lot of people love to use them on their Integras. Some info I found about them:

-Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant.
-The new small HAMP filters will give about 5 psi more of oil pressure due to its smaller size. There is no loss of filtration or performance with the smaller filter.

Plus i've also heard that they're made really well
smile.gif

so is added oil presusre a good thing or not?

thanks

For racing applications, yes. I'd also assume (don't quote me on this) that you'd be able to build up pressure in the cold quicker this way too, which would be nice for where you live.

Would the HAMP H1540-PLC-505 be the replacement or equivalent to the OEM HONDA 15400-PLM-AO1 (A02)

As far as I know the HAMP replaces all Honda filters on all Honda and Acura vehicles. Correct me if i'm wrong though, but i'm pretty sure it's a one-size-fits-all deal.

I know HAMP makes two filters a small like A01 and big one like the PCX. So I'm trying to find out if the small one would be the replacement for the A01. and if it's not I might just go with the big HAMP. BTW both HAMP filters look identical to the A01 AND PCX externaly

Quote:

The smaller one replaced the larger one, I believe they both fit the same applications.

So ThirdeYe or anybody else if you had to choose between the smaller HAMP or the PCX which one would you choose.
btw I can get the HAMP for $4.50
the PCX for $9.00 Thanks
driving.gif

Where can you get the HAMP for $4.50!? I want in line!
laugh.gif
I would use the Hamp for that price
smile.gif
They're both great filters, and virtually identical.

Quote:

Where can you get the HAMP for $4.50!? I want in line!
laugh.gif
I would use the Hamp for that price
smile.gif
They're both great filters, and virtually identical.

My Father inlaw works at a high performance shop, He's the one who told me about the HAMP filters.
He said he can sell me as many as I want afor $4.50 tax included, I will be picking up 10 or 15 my self on monday.
So PM me if you want me to pick same filters for you so we can work out the details. Thanks

Quote:

Quote:

The smaller one replaced the larger one, I believe they both fit the same applications.

So ThirdeYe or anybody else if you had to choose between the smaller HAMP or the PCX which one would you choose.
btw I can get the HAMP for $4.50
the PCX for $9.00 Thanks
driving.gif

i think both filters fit most Honda/Acura, except second gen CRV which have some clearance issue with larger filter. i checked with a few dealers and seems to confirm both size are interchangeable.. however, i also heard that k series call for smaller size filter (due to timming chain??) while other series engine block can use both size filters, and H block (perlude) not to use S2000 Toyo Roki filter because by pass valve spec are very differnt. i hope someone here with more knowledge can confirm if those are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back