green vs yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i found some prestone antifreze in my garage and used it in my car. origionally i had the green fluid in my car...

but when i poured this fluid it was yellow...

so as a safe guard i flushed out the old green stuff and put a 50/50 mixture of the yellow anti freeze..

my question is...what is the differnce??

I'd advise against getting too hung up on color.

Honda coolant happens to be green, but it's not the same as "conventional" green coolants like yellow-bottle Prestone or blue-bottle Peak.

Those green Prestone and Peak formulations use silicates - something that Honda specifically warns against in its owner's manuals (and which the Honda green stuff does not contain).

yea i was just wondering. cause i dont know what i buy. i mean i go to the store and see a yellow bottle, it either has green or yellow fluid. and i never know which one is which...

now that i have yellow...should i top off with yellow?

what brand is yellow?

Honda just need silicate free antifreeze. Prestone if I recall is silicate free. Just read the bottle. The Peak in the blue bottle which is green isnt. Their orange coolant is thou

Peak's Global Extended Life (gold bottle) is silicate free. This stuff is yellow - its color reminds me of urine, actually.
freak2.gif

Peak claims that this stuff is like a magic elixir, compatible with anything and fit for use in any vehicle. Maybe, say I. But, I am using it for occasional top-off in my Civic, and am thinking about using it for complete fill after the next flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back