Trying to flush yellow powdery stuff out of cooling system

My 07 Acura TL had some yellow chalky looking residue in radiator hoses. was told likely stop leak additive from previous owner so ive been flushing system with LOTS of distilled water and it started out mostly green then slowly got faint yellow looking now its mostly cleared up but when i pour out the water from cooling system into a container then rake my finger through the drain pan i still get a little bit of the yellowish powdery residue on my finger. i was hesitant to do any flushing with water hose as our water here in town is horrible, and hesitant to use any chemical flush as i was told none of that is good for aluminum and many claimed to have water pump failures shortly after running chemical cleaners...so im just curious do i need to just keep flushing this thing til every last bit of this stuff is out of the system? it never clogged heater core or anything i never had issues with car running hot or heat not turning on,etc.....just trying to do preventative maintenance as im hoping to keep this car for as long as possible

Post a picture or two please.
Heres a few photos of when i started flushing and photo of jug is how clear it looks now. These r the only ones i had saved

89C3A611-C8CD-40D5-BF20-889B7F991EB0.jpg

14E466E2-585E-4FE7-9A47-C8B9AE0CD4D9.jpeg

Thanks. I can't tell what that is other than it looks a bit like rust. When you say it was yellow, do you mean bright yellow?

Thanks. I can't tell what that is other than it looks a bit like rust. When you say it was yellow, do you mean bright yellow?
Sorta. This was what was in the hose when i pulled it off
And there were little bits of soft stuff in it
5C047711-D8BA-4229-A6FE-4E0F635150C2.jpg

Looks like stop-leak to me. Hopefully you don't spring a leak after flushing it. I would keep an eye on it for a while.

At this point, I would just fill with coolant and drive on doing a drain and fill every few years. Since you've flushed with plain water, you won't get back to 50% concentration by putting pre-diluted 50/50 Asian coolant back in it so you'll need to do an addition drain and fill to get it close to that concentration. If you can blow the hoses out with compressed air to get as much water out as possible, that would be good.

Looks like stop-leak to me. Hopefully you don't spring a leak after flushing it. I would keep an eye on it for a while.

At this point, I would just fill with coolant and drive on doing a drain and fill every few years. Since you've flushed with plain water, you won't get back to 50% concentration by putting pre-diluted 50/50 Asian coolant back in it so you'll need to do an addition drain and fill to get it close to that concentration. If you can blow the hoses out with compressed air to get as much water out as possible, that would be good.
but if i drain the block most will be out right?

but if i drain the block most will be out right?
If your engine has a block drain, then it will be fine with filling with pre-diluted coolant. You can't get 100% of the coolant out even with a block drain, but it will be close enough. Some cars don't have a block drain and draining the radiator can leave half the coolant still in the system.

I think ripcord is the winner here. Looks like Bar's Leak sealant like in this video.

Back