13 Spark coolant

Doing all the PM’s on dads 13 Spark with 144k, he got it 79k 5+ years ago. It should have Dexcool in it but as you can see it has the green stuff. He’s never had it changed and not seeing it on the receipts. Debating if I should do flush with distilled and at least running the yellow stuff from OReillys or Dexcool. OR just drop what’s in it and put green back. He doesn’t drive 60 miles a day since he retired and it rarely gets driven.. we might end up with it eventually.

IMG_2739.jpeg

Definitely universal. Do what I did for my dad's Ford Ranger 8 years ago, flush with the garden hose and refill with Peak Global Lifetime and never bother with it again.

Well it turns out the water pump on the Chevy Express 6.0L sprung a leak. Have to buy jugs of Dexcool anyways so might as well buy another jug for the Spark. Guess they answered the question for me. Briefly thought about switching both to universal but don't like experiments with the RV.

Thanks all.. it’s been switched out with Dexcool. Pulled the lower rad hose and flushed it with hose water twice and then distilled water twice. Came out looking like mud a few times. Relatively easy compared to what the trans will be.

The transmission should be easy to service, as it has a drain plug :)

The 2013 Spark doesn't have a CVT like the 2014+ (the CVT may require a special procedure)

Back