Green vs. Gold? 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since GCgreen often produced UOA numbers that suggested no wear at all, I don't think that you will see very many GCgold UOAs that are better. Seems like the new stuff may be just as good though.

I have GC Gold - had jaw dropping results. I purchased some GC Green late last year - soon as summer rolls around I'll start using it. To be honest with you - I don't think one will see a difference between GC Green and GC Gold - they are so similar that it takes chemistry tests to tell the difference.

OriginHacker21 wrote: "they are so similar that it takes chemistry tests to tell the difference."

They may be very similar, but the green dye allows you to differentiate between them with just a glance. No chemistry required...

From what I can tell, considering they both have essentially identical volatility, the only ingredient difference is additive package. Every UOA I've seen that had both oils showed the contest was a draw. I'd bet that in engine test sequences, the performance is slightly different but it would take tests like that to differentiate their performance. I'd guess that some engine's seals (valve seals) prefer one oil over the other since detergent package has a large effect on seal properties; i.e. some engines would probably burn less oil with one over the other. Only way to know is to try both oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back