Got hit with a shopping cart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
If you have a dent on a door, does the repair guy have to take the interior door pannel off?

I would think it would depend on the door, but I would say yes.

I'm bummed because my dent is over the wheel well, which means I'd have to remove a bunch of stuff to get to it...

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
If you have a dent on a door, does the repair guy have to take the interior door pannel off?

I would think it would depend on the door, but I would say yes.

I'm bummed because my dent is over the wheel well, which means I'd have to remove a bunch of stuff to get to it...

They often drill a small hole in wheel well plastic panels for access with their rods etc. Then cover with a plastic plug. This done for one of my BMW dents.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised! I have had plenty of paintless dent repair on 4 different vehicles and not once did the guy remove any panels. He had some very specialized tools that allowed him to get into seemingly immpossible spots. On one of the cars, he did have to drill a small hole in the inside of the door jam to get to a dent on the rear quarter that was otherwise inaccessible.

Make sure that you find a very experienced guy, though, as it truly is an art form.

While getting a large dent taken out of my wife's car, the PDR guy pointed out some previous work on the car that had been done by a PDR newbie. It was quite obvious with lot's of little bumps where the guy pushed the metal out too much and with the wrong tool.

This isn't about lazy, it is more about carelessness and thoughless self centered behavior on the part of MANY people.

If only Darwin could weed them out a bit faster.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
You'd be surprised! I have had plenty of paintless dent repair on 4 different vehicles and not once did the guy remove any panels. He had some very specialized tools that allowed him to get into seemingly immpossible spots. On one of the cars, he did have to drill a small hole in the inside of the door jam to get to a dent on the rear quarter that was otherwise inaccessible.

Make sure that you find a very experienced guy, though, as it truly is an art form.

While getting a large dent taken out of my wife's car, the PDR guy pointed out some previous work on the car that had been done by a PDR newbie. It was quite obvious with lot's of little bumps where the guy pushed the metal out too much and with the wrong tool.

Very true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back