GOODYEAR EAGLE Responsedge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I don't select tires based on weight. May as well pick them by colour or smell.
Then may I recommend you the Kumho Ecsta SPT Colored Smoke
ku_ecsta_spt_redsmoke_ci2_s.jpg

Or perhaps sir would enjoy the delicious Ecsta DX Aroma, "that replaces a tire's normal rubber smell with the subtle scent of fresh lavender" http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+DX+Aroma

Not on the highway and I'd like to see your actual test results to back that up.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
That is part of the reason of the Energy series of tires from Michelin... is the weight..

Keyword = "actual".

Too much "theory".

You guys can bash "theory" all you want, but in "reality" you are bashing physics. The tire is the farthest point on the "circle" away from the axis of rotation, so not only does it require the most energy to rotate, the required energy increases exponentially while weight (or mass) rises linearly. Also rolling resistance (usually a function of section width and material choice) also plays a large part in fuel mileage. I inquired to Tirerack about the tire weights for the size my Jaguar takes and found that there was a range of nearly three pounds from the lightest to the heaviest. In stop and go driving that equates to some very significant energy requirements not only to get it moving (fuel mileage), but to bring it to a stop also (brake wear).

Well, I'm actually using these tires, so think about that vs theory.

I'm using them also on my wife's Cadillac Deville DHS, but I took the trade off in wheight per tire because I'm moving to Seattle and I wanted the car my wife and children spend 95% of their driving time in to have an outstanding rain tire.

That being said they have only been on the caddy for a couple hundred miles and the average fuel used has dropped from 18.8mpg to 18.7mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back